12/25/2008

On This Christmas Day, 2oo8. By Uncle Monty.

On This Christmas Day, 2oo8.
By Uncle Monty.
+
Though England has now lost so much of
her spiritual character with her growing
disrespect and rejection of the religious
Epiphany of Christ in much of today’s
Broken Little Britain,” the fact remains
that the Birth of Jesus still echoes and
shines all around the world. And, in the
open minds and glad hearts of millions of
faithful believers on this, yet another,
good Christmas Morn--at the eighth
year of The Third Millennium.
+
+
No birth, not even that of Islam’s legend of
the birth of their Prophet Mohammad, can
compare to the immaculate conception of
The Prince of Peace. There He was born in
a manger with hands and feet just like you
and me. Born with all of humanity’s frail
conditions of love and fear and hope and
joy. And above all, born that man shall
no more die.
+
+
His name stands beyond all of those who
have lost their way through their secular
ignorance and non-religious or lukewarm
belief. Their loss is their’s, not those of us
who very much believe in His Holy birth
and His Sacred name above all names.
+
+
On this Christmas Day, 2oo8, I sing in the
heart and mind of myself some carols of old.
Traditional Anglicans and lowly-born Pro
test-
ants, like me, also turn to John Jacob Niles’
1934 Appalachia “Songs of the Hill-Folk -to
sing among its other old carols the wonder-
ous "I Wonder as I Wander." For indeed, I
do oftentimes wonder as I wander around the
world and also wonder at the never-ending
death and decline of what was once my
beloved England that is now so ghettoized
and so foreignized it is almost beyond my
own recognition of it. Plus, I also wonder
why Christ is so removed from Christmas
by so many of my own fellow country-
men and women of today:
...
"I wonder as I wander out under the sky,
How Jesus the Savior did come for to die.
For poor on'ry people like you and like I ...
I wonder as I wander out under the sky.
...
"When Mary birthed Jesus 'twas in a cow's stall,
With wise men and farmers and shepherds and all.
But high from God's heaven a star's light did fall,
And the promise of ages it then did recall.
...
"If Jesus had wanted for any wee thing,
A star in the sky, or a bird on the wing,
Or all of God's angels in heav'n for to sing,
He surely could have it, 'cause he was the King.
+
What more can I now say? Nothing ...
Wishing you all then a Very Happy Christmas
and a Blessed New Year, 2oo9.
Uncle Monty.
+
Ahmadinejad's Christmas broadcast sparks outrage
+
World woes due to rejection of God: Ahmadinejad
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE4BN3DW20081224
+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Monty,

Merry Christmas and good warm wishes for the new year. I trust you will make a big success in your life and work in 2009.

Ham Jin
DPRK Tourism Beijing.
"BJ" kitcb@gmail.com