12/05/2008

My Big Day of Kangaroos At Oz. By Uncle Monty.

My Big Day of Kangaroos At Oz.
Story By Uncle Monty.
Exclusive Kangaroo
Photos By Alex Albion.
<>
Long before I came to visit Oz
over the past two weeks, I had
mental images of spending at least
a good day simply photographing
the kangaroos upclose and especially
in their natural habitat if at all poss-
ible. And luckily today was the day
I finally was able to do that with my
cameras and steady timing to record
perhaps more than 20 kangaroos all
in one go for the first time in my life.
To come face to face with my first
kangaroo just feet away from me
was exhilirating and extraordinary
for me. I could have hand fed them
easily, if they had needed me to.
<>
One of the kangaroo species is
called "Marcopus fuliginosus"
or the Western Gray Kangaroo.
Such live in large family groups
in their wild habitats across
Kangaroo Island and in different
areas of the Australia mainland.
Then there is the "Macropus rufus"
or The Red Kangaroo. Such are
usually brick-red in colour and as
many as upto 300 of them at a time
may gather at fresh grasslands
and at new shrubs to feed en-
masse and are found primarily
in central Australia. The Red
Kangaroo, I believe, is the largest
of the kangaroo family with large
hindlegs and big body bones. They
stay together as a family group
throughout their earthly life.
<>
<>
The shape of the kangaroo
and the way it moves and hops is
more enthralling at eyesight than
in the best photographs or films
that most of us have seen. I love
wildlife, but I love the kangaroo
now more than ever after my so-
journ to their family habitats
this day ...
<>
Parental Kangaroos.

<>
Your's truly, Uncle Monty.
+The 5th Day of Advent, 2oo8.
<>

No comments: