12/17/2008

Images of Down Under. By Uncle Monty.

Images of Down Under.
Story By Uncle Monty.
Oz Photography By Alex Albion.
:::
Australia is a goldmine of images.
Photography is the key to recording such
images of Down Under. And, then bringing
such to the people all over the world to view
via the all-embracing power of the Internet.
:::
My love for photography is based on my
open belief that such transcends all borders,
all languages, all cultures, all social barriers,
all religions, all political ideologies, and oddly
enough, all weathers. My cameras are my eyes.
And thru those photographic eyes of mine I do
my best to pick and choose the most interesting
and most contrasting images that I can take.
:::
Of the almost 400 photographs I took while
inside Oz, I bring you only a small handful of
such herein. Photographs means nothing, of
course, unless they are shared with others. The
best image is dead, if nobody can see it. The best
of images are those that evoke such emotions as
joy, fear, anger, pleasure, astonishment, dismay,
envy, disbelief, gladness, and/or strife, etc. For
the viewer of a particular image that leaves one
say deadpan, then usually the image is deadpan,
too. But my purpose here is not to lecture on
photography, but rather to show you what
photography can do if you use the camera like
human eyes to record whatever comes your
way by chance or good luck or planned pur-
pose or photoskill.
:::
My images of Down Under are presented
with a brief description of each image. I
do hope you enjoy my selection for you.
:::
Panoramic View of Melbourne from Skydeck88.
:::
Oz schoolkidz Re-Enacting
Life of Aussie Outlaw Ned Turner.
:::
Pro-Palestinian Demo At Melbourne.
:::
You Haven't Been In Australia, If
You Haven't Seen A Real Kangaroo.
:::
Aboriginal Dance At Down Under.
:::
New Parliament at Australia's Capital of Canberra.
:::
My Photoview of the 6th World Homeless Cup.
:::
Big Issue Australia Vendor Cleaning Up at Oz.
:::
Some African Homeless at World Homeless Parade.
:::
Cheers everybody, Uncle Monty.
+Eight Dayz Before Christmas, 2oo8.
:::

No comments: