6/05/2010

Spirit in the City. By Uncle Monty.



Spirit in the City:
An English Festival of Faith.
By Uncle Monty.
City Photos By Alex Albion.
...
Spending last evening with His Eminence,
Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster,
(shown above with the little kidz) was indeed
a spirit-and prayer-filled occasion as part of
the faith festival of "Spirit in the City" that also
marks the Vigil of Corpus Christi. It was also
so good to meet with the marvellous
archbishop once again.
---
With Neo-Catechumenal Communities, the
religious evening came alive under the high
banner of the 5th annual London festival of the
“Spirit in the City," which saw perhaps close to
a 1,000 of the faithful walking along side the
Blessed Eucharistic Procession that started at
Covent Garden and ended at Leicester Square.
---
Spirit-Filled Street Singing & Guitar Playing.
---
The late evening was still quite bright with the
day’s sunlight yet aglow. I earlier had lunch with
my good friend Wilfred Wong, who not only took
me to dine at the quite swanky Palm Court on
King’s Street, but he also generously gave to me
a substantial financial gift after he’d learned of
The Big Issue’s unjust suspension of me from
my Long Acre pitch of five years. If the spirit
of the city was well, then the evil spirit of some
of The Big Issue staff, whose names I know,
was in full throttle against me with their vic-
ious and malicious smears of my character
and my alleged "defective" sexuality!!
What a load of rubbish and muck ...
---
As I stood yesterday afternoon at my old pitch
patiently waiting for good Wilfred Wong to arrive,
a number of my old friends and Big Issue custom-
ers stopped and told me of the deliberate and
detailed smears, of course, behind my back coming
from the filthy mouths of some of the disgusting Big
Issue distribution staff at London’s Covent Garden.
I’m glad I learned all I did and with such names now
told to me, I shall be very leery of trusting them
ever again. I keep asking myself: "What's
wrong with these people?"
---
Last Night's Blessed Eucharistic Procession.
---
But trust I do the ordained priests and the people
of Christ who openly expressed and shared their
faith with me in their glad confirmation of the
"Spirit in the City." Bless them, I say!! These days
in Broken Britain, there are so many people
emotionally-lost and without a God-given
anchor and are so full of rankle and personal
disenchantment, that the spirit in them is darkly
dead and died of long years ago. Therefore, it was
such a joy last night to meet with the fine arch-
bishop once again and to have such good friends
like Father Alexander Sherbrooke all present and
correct. I am, of course, an avid Anglican, but the
"Spirit of the City" rightly welcomes all of what-
ever faith they may hold within them.
---
Later today, now Saturday morning, I shall
attend the closing events of this 2010 “Spirit in
the City,” which will feature, among other feat-
ures, St. Patrcik’s Gospel Choir, Neal Robinson,
Crossbeam, and Stan Fortuna. I shall no doubt
also see and enjoy some of my good Christian
friends among London's faith and clergy crowd.
http://www.spiritinthecity.org/
.
Faithfully, Uncle Monty.
+Eve of Corpus Christi, 2010.
---
Coming next: Scenes of Moscow.
By Uncle Monty. Then, "My Day
4 Protest Against The Big Issue."
.
.
.
{ Click on any image to Enlarge }
...

1 comment:

PIUS ADEMOLA SADIQ. said...

From: legitboya25@yahoo.com
To: Uncle Monty
Subject: Enquiry
About Upcoming
city event.
Date: Sat 06/05/10 09:37 AM
My Name is PIUS ADEMOLA SADIQ.
I want to go to the spirit gathering. I want you to send me
feedback through E-mail on how
I can get there. I do not want
to miss this coming festival in London. I will be glad if you
can do that in time.
Regards, PIUS.