6/06/2010

His Faith And Spirit. By Uncle Monty.




His Faith And Spirit Did Shine So Bright.
By Uncle Monty.
Faith Photos By Alex Albion.

In the closing hours of the final three-day London
faith festival of the 2010 “Spirit in the City, Stan
Fortuna’s own spirit and faith did shine so blight.
I was almost blinded by his stage presence with
his showy electronic guitar that was equally as re-
sounding as the 53 year-old performer himself.
+
The crowd adored his presence and his songs
and words of faith that did resonated among
those many who had in several instances come
specifically to see and hear Stan Fortuna
openly speak and stunningly play his wide and
talented range of genres at London’s crowded
Leicester Square last night.
+
Little did I know at the time that Stan Fortuna
"is a one of the eight original members of the
a Franciscan order established by Cardinal
John Joseph O'Connor in 1987. Father Stan
was ordained as a priest in the Bronx in 1990."
+
I knew instantly and otherwise he was an American
just by the first lyrics he sang to the appreciative
audience that had thickly gathered to see and
watch his stunning performance right in the heart of
the city. Other than that, I knew absolutely nothing
about the man or his God-given talents or his noted
fame among the Catholic and religious communities
and orders around the world until I only first
saw, heard, and met him myself just last night.
+
Indeed at the “Spirit in the City,” little was said of
Stan Fortuna the American Catholic priest. For me,
I so impressed by his outgoing persona and words
and songs of deep faith. I had no idea he was priest!
Though a devout Anglican myself, it didn't matter to
much to me whatever his denominational status may
or may not have been. However, once I learned of his
ordained rank among the worldwide priesthood I was
even more impressed by Father Stan. It was his
loving message of Christianity that impressed me
far beyond him also being a Franciscan Friar. I was
so pleased to meet him face-to-face at the end
of his magnificent and extraordinary two-hour
non-stop performance at the final day
of the "Spirit in the City."
+
:: Stan Fortuna ::
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Fortuna
...
The rest of my blog story here is devoted to
sharing a few images of what took place over
the three-day London 5th Festival of the "Spirit
in the City," which sadly has not been reported
much by the secular media from what I can see.
Sad, but true. Whatever, I have put in my own
little bit of religious publicity for you here ...
+
Inside The Prayer Tent At "Spirit in the City."
+
Mother Teresa's "Sisters of Charity," That I Myself
Stayed With When I Was Desitute And Homeless.
+
Inside The Reconciliation Tent
With Priest, Penitent, And Cross.
+
Take a look at the look on the lady's face as
Archbishop Vincent Nichols (below) walked by
on his way back to the Westminster archdiocese
after his gruelling day of appointments and
engagements. He told me he was tired and
wanted some needed rest, when I asked him
"its been for you a very long day, hasn't it?"
You could see it on his face, too ... He actively
participated at the festival of "Spirit in the City,"
which is primarily an annual Catholic sponsored
religious event at the British capital of London.
+
The Blessed Eucharistic Procession
Arriving At Norte Dame de France.
+
Francesco Productions
Stan Fortuna In Performance At "Spirit in the City."
+
Grey Friars, Trumpeter And His Son.
+
Some of the Faith Volunteers At The Festival.
+
Grand and Unusual Religious Print of
The Last Supper At "Spirit in the City."
+
Faithfully, Uncle Monty.
+Corpus Christi, 2010.
.
Teaching of other faiths 'is sidelining Christianity in schools'
By Sarah Harris.
+
British School RE classes are failing to teach children
.
.
{ Click on any image to Enlarge }
.

No comments: