6/02/2010

Against The Big Issue, I Continue To Protest. By Uncle Monty.



*


Against The Big Issue, I Continue To Protest.
By Uncle Monty. Photos By Tim Else.
Graphics By Alex Albion.
- o -
Imagined I had of seeing Royal High Court justices,
bewigged British barristers, refined English solicitors,
anxious legal appellants, newspaper court reporters,
and stiff court bailiffs, but in reality they were all
absent when I arrived this morning at England's
Royal Courts of Justice due to the Trinitytide re-
cess calander of the judiciary. Only Her Majesty’s
court administrative staff and security personnel
were present with no court proceedings or case
judgements being scheduled until after the next
two weeks.
- o -
But such did not deter me from holding my
Day 3 Protest against the unjust and unwarrent-
ed suspension of me from my five-year vendor
pitch by Peter and John Bird of the The Big Issue.
After the Trinitytide recess, I shall then return
to make further protest at the front entrance
of London's royal courts ...
- o -
It was such a splendid day to hold my third
public protest against The Birds, although I would
have very much preferred to be selling my usual
Big Issue "books" at my beloved Covent Garden
pitch along with having my old friends and regular
customers come visit with me on such a lovely
English summer's day. Instead, I am forced to
forfeit that in order to continue my venues of
protest against Peter & John Bird, who have
thus far refused to even acknowledge my real
grievance and my deep personal anger against
them without any due process or to defend
myself from their arbitrary and callous sus-
pension of me for my earlier criticism of
them and The Big Issue. They've acted as if
they employ me, but they do not. They've
acted as censors of my political and social
views by denying me my pitch of 5 years.
They are what Shakespeare declared: "Law-
less are they that make their will their law."
That's what The Bird Brothers have done
so far to me!! Therefore, I protested today
before the grand old portal of Her Majesty's
Royal Courts of Justice at the two-week mark
of my bizarre and illegal suspension by Peter
Bird just 12 hours after I had returned from
my great holiday inside Russia. While today
is also the 57th Coronation Anniversary of
the Queen, who was coronated on June 2nd,
1953. I was then only a wee lad. And, John
Bird, I guess, was already in trouble!!
- o -
He had nothing good to say about Peter Bird or
John Bird or for The Big Issue staff did the black
bloke who was himself a Big Issue vendor some
two years back, but finally quit in disillusionment
and dismay against them. In his early 50's, the
tall and thin ex-vendor said the only thing that
interests John Bird is "money, money, money ...
and more money ... that's all. He uses people
who are homeless on the streets to make himself
richer ... that's all he does." He went on to say
The Bird Brothers were "full of shit and full of
money." He refused did the black fellow to sign
my petition saying such was a "useless excerise"
against the cynicism and umbrage of The Big
Issue "bosses." "Monty, they'll shit all over you.
You can take it from me ... ," he voiced himself
with bitterness against the lot of them. How
right he is! He also likened them to "slave
masters" and "rich white folkz." He was
my last visitor at my latest protest day.
- o -
A very successful day of protest it was today
with a number of unexpected happenings, be-
side getting looks of sheer puzzlement at me
and at my peaceful public protest that I estimate
some 100,000 people did witness at The Royal
Courts of Justice on The Strand, which is one
of London's most busy, most famous, and
most historic thoroughfares. While my
Petition Drive has also continued by col-
lecting more and more signatures of
now well over 500 folkz.
- o -
Sharp at 9:00am, the front black iron gates
of the royal courts were flung wide open to
the public that saw mostly law clerks arriving
with stacks and stacks of legal petitions and
crafted lawsuits to be administratively filed
among the already huge caseloads of today's
litigious England. Sightseeing buses went by
the loads with tourists on the upper open deck
waving at me and at my protest as they zoom-
ed in on me with their digital cameras at the
ready. Folkz stopped by to sign my petition
while enquiring of my gripe against The Big
Issue. A Netherland newspaper reporter
and her photographer by chance came by
and interviewed me somewhat briefly about
why I was protesting. I don't think she really
understood the issue at hand, although I
personally thought she was pretty sexy!
That was the reward ... for me. While at
The Strand, another oldish lady came by
and just popped five quid in my hand and
said nothing and just smiled at me as she
continued on her way. A royal court security
staff officer was quite supportive of me, too,
saying I was welcome to protest but figured
with no judges and barristers around I would
see little real public activity for my ongoing
protest against The Bird Brothers of The Big
Issue. But surprisingly, my day at The Royal
Courts of Justice was not only quite friendly
but also quite busy at times. Paralegals, office
people, Aussies, law clerks, and others who
were homeless, stopped to sign my petition
or simply to chat with me. One told me that
her grandad was also called "Monty," while
another chirpy one told me her sister's poodle
was called the same. I must belong to a rather
diverse family of the two-legged and four-
legged type. I'm so honoured!!
- o -
Though it turns out I'm not so honoured
by some of my fellow Big Issue vendors:
"You deserve what you've got. You've bitten
the hand that feeds you if you say bad things
about The Big Issue," I was told in no uncertain
terms by an active and badged vendor at
nearby Fleet Street. "Keep your opinions to
yourself, you stupid man. I've seen Peter Bird.
His brother (John) I have not. Say you're sorry.
Big Issue might forgive you. You have been
suspended for a good reason. I don't like ven-
dors like you who cry when they're slapped
down and put in their place." He proved to
be a "Reality Check" for me, I must say.
- o -
BACKGROUND TO MY PUBLIC PROTEST
Against The Bird Brothers of The Big Issue.
.
Peter Bird’s sudden suspension of me from my be-
loved Covent Garden Big Issue pitch continues on.
It’s now two-full weeks since he did his supreme
misdeed against me for my critical blog comments
and my rights of freedom of speech against many of
the characters at The Big Issue. I feel right now, I
am at times knocking my head on a brick wall to
demand justice from him and his brother John Bird,
who is The Big Issue’s co-founder and editor-in-chief
of UK's street paper that is flogged by the homeless
and vunerable each day all across the British Isles.
They have ignored me by their calculated silence
to my demand and plea to be given back
my Big Issue pitch.
- o -
Despite that, I intend to persevere, protest, and
pray, until one of us - either Peter Bird, John
Bird or both of The Bird Brothers or me – finally
cracks or decides to just throw in the towel. I shall
continue my venues of public protest and prepare
my legal case against The Big Issue and its outrage-
ous treatment of me as a vendor of five years who
has committed no crime whatsoever other than
my "crime" to have written here on my critical
megablog that you’re now reading yourself.
Oh I forgot, Peter Bird stated I had brought
"The Big Issue into disrepute" and for that
"crime" I am now paying by his imposed
illegal sentence on me. I am still waiting the
outcome of Peter Bird's so-called
"investigation" of my blog! But no word,
yet. In fact, I have received absolutely
nothing in writing from either The Bird
Brothers or The Big Issue. Not a thing!
- o -
My National Health Service (NHS) doctor last week
said he was concerned that the stress of protesting
against The Big Issue could result in me having a
massive heart attack while at one of my venues of
protest. My retort to my good GP was that I was
sure that some at The Big Issue would only be too
glad, if such should happen to me. He then proscr-
ibed some higher doses of my heart medication in-
cluding the controversial drug called "Simvastatin,"
which is commonly known as "Statins." Life is to
live and not to fret about dying. Die has we will, so
why worry? There's nothing we can do about when
it comes. So hold on like grim death! If it comes for
me while protesting in public or while writing one
of my many blog stories or recording daily events
by my shutterbug photography, then the Good
Lord will determine. Not me or you, unless we're
killed by accident or design ... God Forbid.
- o -
- o -
Meredith & Jon Lenhart said ...
Hi Monty! Have we missed something?
We don't understand why you are apologising to
someone who has treated you so badly. It makes
no sense to us. We think Bird should be ashamed for
what he has done to you. The same goes for his brother.
Hold on tight. You'll come out on top. You have our
complete support. Everybody misses you. BIG
ISSUE LET MONTY HAVE HIS SPOT,
PLEASE DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meredith and Jon.
.
We got your great post card from the old USSR.
Is it true, you also met with Mr. Putin in Moscow
with Maria? That's cool like you Monty. We cannot
get a message to your inbox, full we suspect of
others contacting you. So we did it this way
on your incredible blog. May 31, 2010.
- o -
R. Eames, II said ...
My dear chap. I side with Meredith and
Jon on this matter of an apology you have now
made to the man who "sacked" you. Like them,
have I also missed some event leading up to your
apology? I do think it is a rather good one for what
ever reason is behind it. This whole nonsensical
"sacking" of you needs to be dealt with swiftly.
The best way is for the street company to restore
you. They have already caused you and them so
much pain it makes no further sense to continue.
It damages them more than you, dear chap. I loved
your card and fun message from St. Pete's. It
arrived here in Galway a week ago Friday. Thank
you, of course. Chin up dear chap, you are the
prize. Always, Robert. Publish my email, if you
want. Here is the one: earlofgwynedd@online.ie.
.
Make sure you come and visit Ireland again this year.
You are always welcome to stay in Galway with the
family again, dear chap. Just let me know a few days
ahead, mind you. Good Irish luck to you. Tried to
email you all day yesterday. No luck. Got bounced
every time. Your blog seems to work any way.
01 June, 2010.
- o -
Simon Darby's "EURABIA IN ENGLAND:
An Islamic Time Bomb." Edited By Uncle
Monty. Such is coming by mid-June, 2010.
- o -
Homeless man who faked infectious diseases to get
- o -
East Europeans face deportation in
London rough sleeping crackdown.
By Miranda Bryant.

.
.
{ Click on any image to Enlarge }

.

2 comments:

Christian, said...

Just want to say what a great
blog you have got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!
Thumbs up, and keep it going!
Cheers Christian, iwspo.net

ex-Big Issue donor said...

Dear Uncle Monty - I have three questions for you. a) Is Peter the same brother that John Bird claims
to have disowned? b) What happened
to the homosexual retired PC? His piece disappeared on your blog.
What happened? c) The apology piece
to Peter that you wrote also disappeared? Why? Just curious.
Has there been any movement between
you and Big Issue to settle this major tiff between you? I would like to join you in your next
day of protest after my holiday. Let me know when and where you are going to be. I think you are the one and only Big Issue seller who has protested against the rotten pair. I think Peter was sure that you'd just go away. The suspension is horrid. He needs to re-think what he has done. Dear Uncle Monty I am with you all the way. I miss seeing you outside Caffe Nero. I am sure many others also do. You are a good man who has been treated rotten. I don't want anything more to do with Peter or John. My past support of the foundation is finished. I will not give another penny. I don't want to waste my time writing to them to plead for you. You are quite capable to take care of yourself. Do be careful with your heart; stress kills. That's it for now. Going on holiday for a couple of weeks from tomorrow. You'll be in my prayers Dear Uncle Monty. Best wishes, ex-Big Issue donor.
(Name and e-mail with held by request)