6/08/2010

Scenes From Moscow. By Uncle Monty.




Scenes From Moscow.
By Uncle Monty.
Moscow Photos
By Alex Albion.
***
Last month while at Moscow to attend the
65th Anniversary of Russia’s Victory Day
Parade at Red Square with Contessa Maria, I
not only saw the bullies of the Russian police
treating the locals badly, but I also saw some
of the latest military hardware on display and
the presence of world leaders being treated
ever so nicely by the Kremlin elite.
***
The Eternal Watch.
***
The contrasts were so fascinating to me. As
I sat watching the awesome military parade, I
thought I would then record some of the high and
low ranking veterans of The Red Army for my
story here of scenes from Moscow, rather than
just write a travel story or about the Russian
Federation's political and social elite that I also
met with Maria. She, Maria, is now beyond reach
and contact for me while she now enjoys her world
cruise around the world until early September.
As we departed from Moscow, she headed back
to New York and immediately began her sea
voyage around the world just the next day.
Cor blimey, what a rich and lucky lady
she truly is!!
***
Russian Politburo Member.
***
The Victory Parade Day, 2010, marked the then
old USSR’s military victory over the Nazi attack to
take Leningrad (now called again St. Petersburg,
thankfully) in 1945. Many of the veterans from
that time are still alive and kicking quite well,
thank you very much!. It was them that I wanted
to especially record among my many different en-
counters while inside Mother Russia. Scroll down
and you'll see their pictures ... I have added a
couple of the Russian elite and powerful among
my images of the scenes from Moscow. Along
with a few images of military hardware and
pictorial scenes of the City of Moscow.
***
Here then is my little selection of such veterans
and elite, plus a few images of other people or other
things that otherwise caught my roving eye while
in the Russian capital or at The Kremlin or at Red
Square. I was delighted to meet those from the
highest to the lowest social strata of today's
Russian society. Most were quite friendly, even
though we could not speak each other's language.
Yet, communicate we did for the most part.
When, however, I ordered hot chocolate to drink
I got instead a large slab of solid milk chocolate or
what appeared to be an American Hersey bar.
Otherwise, no problem of communication!
Well, sort of ...
***
High Ranking Russian Vice-Marshal
***
Ex-Soviet Military Veteran.
***
Paraded Military Hardware.
***
Missile Launcher - Costs approx. $2 million.
***
Military Flyover. One of Several During Parade.
***
Some of The Kremlin Elite.
***
Scene Surrounding Red Square.
***
There He Was Valdimir Putin, Really?
***
With his outstretched hand to shake mine, I
was very surprised and tickled-pink to find the
former Russian President Valdimir Putin, and
now Prime Minister of All-Mother Russia, just
standing there to speak to me. I understood not
a word he spoke to me nor did he of me. Many
Russians were congregating around him and lin-
ing up to have their photographs taken with him
at Red Square. Then I was told in broken English
that I, too, could have a photo taken with him, if
I paid 2,000 Roubles - about 50 quid or US$70 -
for the pleasure of being with the spit and image
lookalike of Valdimir Putin. Five quid, yes! But
not 50 quid for some lookalike although at first,
like many, I thought he was actually Putin
himself doing a walkabout or something at Red
Square. He was doing a booming business, I
must say. Perhaps they also hire him as a
security decoy for the real Valdimir Putin.
Whatever, that was as close as I got my-
self to the former Russian President.
***
On The Run, Homeless w/His 2 Dogz.
***
Stark was the Moscow scene with the homeless
guy and his two dogs hiding in the subway and
on the run from the local police, he said in pidgin
English to me. His two dogs, however, almost
attacked me moments after I took the photo-
shot of them with him. I was very lucky not to
have been badly bitten by one or both of them.
I suspect the camera flash alarmed them so. The
light was very poor even with the subway lights
it was still quite dark to get a decent image of him
and his homeless dogs, too. I gave him a couple
of 100 Roubles for him to eat and to hopefully get
some dog food for his street dogz. He couldn't thank
me, enough! He was in urgent need of a friend
indeed no matter what he may or may not have
done, I said to myself. Ten minutes later, I saw a
rough squad of mean Moscow copz entering the
same subway and I wondered what they did to
him, if they had discovered he was the man they
were looking for. Maybe he'd already left to go buy
some food with that money I'd given him? If they
got him, I'm pretty certain they'd beat the shit
right out of him right then and there on the
spot ... and, they'd probably shoot
his dogz dead, too.
***
It Looked Almost Edible,
Though She Was Not.
***
Cheerz everybody, Uncle Monty.
+St. Wiliam of York, 2010.
.
Russia wants to ban Cold War villains from games
While (Russian) MPs cannot stop offending games be-
ing made, some want to ban their import. The Duma is
considering setting up a commission to decide which
games ... By Saun Walker in Moscow.
.
:: Also soon to go online ::
St. Peterburg: Hardly A Trace or Whisper
of The Imperial Russian Czars.
By Uncle Monty.
...
.
.
{ Click on any image to Enlarge }
.

1 comment:

Moscow Webmaster. said...

Uncle Monty. We are pleased
to include your brilliant
story about Moscow. We found
it most refreshing to read.
The photographs are first
class we think thank you to
you. We liked them very much.
moscowtravel.talk4fun.net/
thebiggerissueorg-scenes-
from-moscow-by-uncle-monty/
Good wishes, Moscow Travel
Webmaster, Moscow, Russia.