3/22/2009

To Receive Yet Another Web Award. By Uncle Monty.

To Receive Yet Another Web Award.
By Uncle Monty.
<>
Of the four or five previous web awards
that I have received without any fanfare or
public mention to my readership in the past
couple of years, the TNT Gold Award is
perhaps the most coveted of all for me.
<>
How they decided to give me such an award
makes me tickled-pink and very pleased.
Writing a regular blog isn't always very re-
warding for some folkz, but for me I am in
my complete element since I love to blog
with now more than 250 stories to my
name since mid-2oo7.
<>
I have always been a person who revels
in open communication of the most open
kind. I write and photograph without fear
or favour even when I am sometimes threat-
ed with dyer consequences for having written
or said or photographed some issue or topic
or person(s) that doesn't sit very well with
those who are affected by my open pen and
unbending enquiry and strong opinions.
<>
Of all the modern inventions, I think blog-
ging is one of the best because it provides
a realistic avenue of free expression and
unrestrained creativity of the mind. Those
who complain about bloggers like me, just
only convinces me to blog on even more.
<>
What is best about my blog is that I get
about 100 emails per month from around
the world from every kind of imaginable
person, along with every unimaginable subject
that is broached with me. Without my blog, I
would be dead. Although I could also be, on
the other hand, made dead from my blog!
<>
When I recently got an email telling me I would
be killed for opening my mouth, I simply replied
to the threatening skunk by saying: "Please don't
knock on my door after ten at night, since that's
when I like to go to bed. So knock me off be-
fore ten, if it makes you feel good. Thank you
ever so much ... Cherrio, mate!!! And, thankz
for making my day ...." Never heard back again
did I from my potential killer. What a cold cad
and cringeing coward he was, too?
<>
Whatever, I'm so glad to get such an unexpected
web award today from TNTusa. It adds spice to life
for me ... on this lovely, sunny English, Mothering
Sunday or Mother's Day, 2oo9. For me, however,
I long ago lost my dear mom. Bless her, my
heavenly Father!!
<>
Solemnly, Uncle Monty.
+Mothering Sunday, 2oo9.
<>
Uncle Monty at Oslo's 1939
Franklin D. Roosevelt Statue.
<>
Uncle Monty With Some of Oslo's Homeless.
<>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@@CONGRATULATIONS@@ Dear Monty,
you well deserve the latest web award. Your blog is one of the
best. Warmest wishes Cedric.