10/01/2008

Point-Blank Inquest After Point-Blank Killing. By Uncle Monty.

Point-Blank Inquest After Point-Blank Killing.
Story By Uncle Monty.
Graphics By Alex Albion.
-_-
Herds and herds of herding immigrant and foreign-born
schools kidz herded right past me on their way to their
morning academies as I stood patiently outside the re-
nowned Oval Cricket Gound at about 8:00am. I was there
to obtain a day pass to attend Her Majesty's Coroner Court,
held at The Oval’s Sir John Major Conference Centre, into the
brutal British police slaughter of Jean Charles de Menezes
27, of Brazil, by New Scotland Yard’s anti-terror squad
more than three summers ago inside London’s
Stockwell Underground Tube Station.
-_-
By 10 o’clock, I was inside the courtroom itself now
sitting on the front row of some thirty reserved media
seats with my pencil and paper at hand to record my
first full day inside the coroner court, which was presided
over by Sir Michael Wright, 76, who was a superb and affable
royal judge. Some sixty other seats were reserved for lead-
ing barristers, other legal counsel, and inquest witnesses.
While only perhaps eighteen or so seats were assigned for
members of the public that I saw numbered only about
seven people on what was the seventh day of The de
Menezes Inquest. It will conclude with a jury verdict
sometime before Christmas, 2oo8.
_-_
I've just gotten back from the jury hearing
after dinner with dear Paula Grey. So I have
had little time to write my full story of today's
court proceedings that saw only one inquest witness
of the day - Scotland Yard Detective Chief Inspector
Jon Boutcher - who was grilled under oath for more
than 6½ hours by such leading counsel as Michael
Mansfield, Q.C. for the de Menezes Family.
_-_
I will returned shortly to present my full impressions
of what I saw and heard inside The de Menezes Inquest.
In the meantime, I'll just give you here a brief sense of
my own take on the witness Jon Boutcher and the mec-
hanical composition of jury, who impressed me not.
_-_
-_-
Living in his own world of high-ranking cops and
big-time robbers, Jon Boutcher seems to have lost
the de Menezes plot somewhere along the deadly
winding road much like his own boss, the American
police-educated Sir Ian Blair, who heads Scotland Yard
by virtue of his government position as Commissioner
of the increasingly politicized and armed Metropolitan
Police under the power-crazy hacks of New Labour.
_-_
If the inquest jury rules that Jean Charles de Menezes
was "unlawfully killed" by The Met police then the
story goes that he, Ian Blair, will be finally booted
from out of Scotland Yard (“Hurray,” did I hear?),
with presumably, a nice fat payoff and a huge police
pension running into hundreds of thousands of
pounds. So, we'll see you later pal …
_-_
As for the racial and ethnic composition of the
sitting jury, that is to sit through the ongoing projected
12 week-long de Menezes Inquest, they looked alot like
those herds of immigrant and foreign-born schoolkidz
I saw going to school earlier this morning as I stood
outside The Oval. The majority of the jury are black
and/or ethnic men and women with only a token white
face or two or three to roundout the empanelled inquest
jury. I almost then sensed The Met was already doomed
by the sheer makeup of the jury by its racial and ethnic
combo. It’s a well-known fact that the majority of
immigrants and foreigners are not fond of what they
see as the British police intense tactics of stops and
searches of them on the city streets and at train
stations and at London underground entrances and
exists. All such is done, so we are told, to prevent
terrorists and knife-wielding young punkz. Ah,
well … The boyz in blue sure know the answerz
and curez, don’t they?
-_-
While in sharp contrast to the jury mix at the de
Menezes Inquest, almost every British barrister at
the inquest was lily white and male with a sprinkling
of white female legal assistants. Just one black female
lawyer did I see. Why have more, anyway? Aside from
whatever comes out of the de Menezes jury verdict,
it is clear the wickedly-expensive Inns of Court
barristers will clean up very nicely, thank you very
much, with their top exorbitant legal fees and
ever-fancy expenses from the inquest running
into the millions of pounds sterling. "The Legal
Brethren" love things like high-profile inquests, like
those of Diana and de Menezes, for they bring huddles
of big-bank cash for them despite the global credit
crunch and failing institutional banks here, there,
and everwhere, thesedays. And, while others
almost starve. Do they care? Well, hell no ...
_-_
I may return to present more of my impressions of
what else I saw and heard inside The de Menezes
Inquest. But if I don't, it will be due to other pressing
issues and my ever-busy life that seems to get busier
as I get more like a crouchy old toad not always
sure at where I should toad off to ... next. There's
nothing worse than a crouchy old toad and that I
should know being one myself. So true, you see?
_-_
:: News Update ::
METROPOLITAN POLICE COMMISSIONER
SIR IAN BLAIR HAS SUDDENLY QUIT AT THE
11TH HOUR. GOOD RIDDANCE TO HIM ...
Oct, 2nd, 2oo8.
_-_
Dedication Painting to Charles de Menezes at
www.allisoncarmichael.com/Menezes.html
“Jean Charles de Menezes Murdered by the
British Police on 22 July 2005. A man of
peace gunned down in the name of war.”
_-_
With regards, Uncle Monty.
**After Rosh Hashanah, 2oo8**
_-_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello sir.
I actually heard about the De Menezes murder thing before and I have been searching the internet for more clues. I haven't stumbled on one yet. If, paradventure, I do, I will not hesitate to keep you informed.

Once again. thanks for the great stories you posted. I have spent a lot of time on the website you have. Keep uploading new content every now and then, so, I can read more content you might have uploaded since my last visit to your big site.

Thanks a lot,

Steve Rock, Mr.