10/12/2008

Folkstone's Seaside Folks. By Uncle Monty.

Folkstone's Seaside Folks.
Story By Uncle Monty.
Photos By Alex Albion.
Part 1 of 2.
~~~
Off-season was the October atmosphere at
England’s centuries-old seaport and fishing town
of Folkstone that lies just about 10 miles west of
the famous White Cliffs of Dover. It’s also where
the British summertime tourists flock to spend
their fortnightly seaside holidays with family and
friends of usually factory and blue-collar progeny
and social class. Folkstone isn’t really for fancy
and swanky toff folkz, although the seaside
atmosphere is so decidedly All-British, too.
~~~
Harbour View of England's Folkstone.
~~~
Not found are all those masses of black immigrants and
huddles of foreigners so typical of England thesedays.
Folkstone thankfully seems pretty free of such dreadful
inroads of Third Worlders and foreigners polluting more
and more of our country it seemed to me. Thus, its remains
and retains what is quintessentially English in its character
and atmosphere with sure thanks to our gracious god …
~~~
The Parade at England's Folkstone.

~~~
I’m enroute back to my homebase from Folkstone
via Canterbury, at where I shall attend Sunday
Service of Holy Communion at the cathedral, and I
shall then write my complete story and present more
photographs about my first and happy visit to Eng-
land’s Folkstone once I hit my homebase ‘umpter
keyboard sometime very much later on today or at
first thing come tomorrow's Monday morning …

Part 2 of 2: Folkstone's "Dickens Room."
Greetings to everyone, Uncle Monty.
+21st Sunday after Trinity, 2oo8.
~~~

No comments: