4/25/2009

Sidebar on The Gulag of Letterfrack. By Andrew Simon Brennan.

Sidebar on The Gulag of Letterfrack.
By Andrew Simon Brennan.
Edited By Uncle Monty.
Photos By Alex Albion.
~~~
One of the stories that the (Irish) 'Christian Brothers' put
out - relatively recently - about the children in Letterfrack
was that they'd impaled a bull on the railings in Letterfrack!
~~~
That same organisation also called the children : >
'Children of Ne'er Do Wells' at the Child Abuse Commission
is due to be published at the end of May this year.
~~~
Hopefully the report will finish them once and for all.
~~~
Eire's "Downtown" Letterfrack!!
~~~
:: Current Notes By Uncle Monty ::
Since getting back from lovely Ireland last Tuesday, I
have not had anytime to spare with something every day
for busy me to do. Two of the most important days was first
the parliamentary sponsorship of me by Simon Hughes, M.P.
and co-hosted by Norman Baker, M.P. to visit inside the
House of Lords and the House of Commons. Both the Lords
and the Commons were absolutely palatial to me. I will, of
course, have a story in due course about my first and un-
forgettable adventure inside the hallowed chambers of
British political power!! Below is the photo of me with the
Commons Bobby with us both having abit of good laugh at
the manned and armed gates to the English parliament it-
self under Big Ben ... He thought, did the Bobby, that I
was a newly-elected Member of Parliament! Well,
I never! Okay, give me the money first for
my second home at least!!
.
~~~
Then the second important one was to attend the
5.00am ANZAC DAY Dawn Service that was something
both very special and very splendid for me along with
perhaps 3.500 or more mostly Aussies and Kiwis present
to mark the historical military events and battles of the
Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC).
http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac/anzac_tradition.asp
+
Here at my little blog, I will also write a short piece
on ANZAC DAY that is held annually at the Australian
War Memorial located at London's Hyde Park Corner.
+
Quiet Moments At The Dawn Service of ANZAC DAY
+
As for Part 2 of 2 of my Letterfrack story -
"Part 2: Beyond Letterfrack" - that should be ready
quite soon. But, I thought Andrew Simon Brennan's
very short piece needed first to be presented to my
global blog readership before I conclude my own
two-part series on the evil Letterfrack Industrial
School for Irish Boys from 1887 to 1974.
+
With humble grace, Uncle Monty.
+Eve of the 2nd Sunday after Easter, 2oo9.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!