4/20/2009

Happy St. George's Day, 2oo9.

Happy St. George’s Day from the
proudly British blog thebiggerissue.org
.
+ JERUSALEM +
.
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England’s mountains green?
.
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England’s pleasant pastures seen?
.
And did the counternance divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
.
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among the dark satanic mills?
.
Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear!
O clouds unfold.
Bring me my chariot of fire!
.
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England’s green and pleasant land.
.


+
The great English Hymn "Jerusalem" was
composed by Sir Charles H. Parry, 1848-1918.
Arranged by G. T Thalben-Ball. Taken from
"Hymns Ancient and Modern Revised," 1950,

pp. 778-784. Publisher: William Clowes
And Sons, London. E.C.4.

.
St. George's Day takes place on April 23rd.
With Gladness, Uncle Monty.
Happy St. George’s Day, 2oo9.

I'm still here on the far reaches of the Isle Emerald!!!
.

No comments: