2/22/2009

Saturday's Folkz & Thingz. Photo Essay By Uncle Monty.

Saturday's Folkz & Thingz.
Photo Essay By Uncle Monty.
Essay Photos By Alex Albion.
***
My ten images for this photo essay begins
with my dear and durable friend Jill Fergu-
son, who is shown above in (1) my caption
photo of her. However, Jill refused to be
photographed with me, saying "next time,"
as she walked away despite being friends.
Jill doesn't like being photographed at the
best of times, so that may explain her re-
luctance to have anymore photos of herself
taken at least after the ones already then
taken of her just yesterday by me.
***
Whatever, she, Jill, was part of my
packed Saturday of folkz and thingz that
caught my eye just yesterday on the
last Saturday before Shrove Tuesday or
England's Pancake Day, 2oo9. Mardi Gras
or Fat Tuesday is the day before Ash Wed-
nesday in New Orleans, where I lived and
worked for 13 years. They've never, of course,
heard of Pancake Day at Old Louisiana. So
here I go with my Saturday's Folkz and
Thingz for you to hopefully enjoy ...
***
2: Cylindrical IMAX at Waterloo.
***
3: Pearly King of London's Highgate.
***
4: Rough Sleeper Brian, 40.
***
5: Man's Best Friend.
***
6: Freemason and Fundraiser Richard Loom
of the Children's Kidney Trust at Tesco.
***
7: Iraq War Memorial to British Soldier Private
Lee O'Callaghan (1984-2004). At only age 19, Lee
was killed in action. His unneeded death was due
entirely to the evil Iraq Invasion by vile George
Bush and his UK war poooooodle Anthony Blair.

***
8: Volunteer Rett Branson with elderly Welsh Dorothy
Stewart, 84, who just couldn't take the big photoflash.
Sorry Dorothy and thankz Rett for helping the elderly.

***
9: Saturday's Kidz at the Park.

***
10: Saturday's thingz included this stretcher limo.
***
Other folkz and thingz also interested me, but
I don't want to overload my blog readers like
you with too much of my shutterbugging. My
day was perhaps about 16 to 17 hours yes-
terday, which is quite usual with me. I need
usually about 5 hours of sleep and I am then
ready for the dawn of a new day.
***
So from photo shy Jill Ferguson to the cylindrical
IMAX to the flashy Pearly King John Everett to
heavy-laden rough sleeper Brian to man's best
friend then to freemason and fundraiser Richard
Loom onto the sad Iraq War Memorial followed
by me visiting my close neighbour Dorothy
Stewart to see she was alright while good volun-
teer Rett Branson also showed up to help her to
those Saturday's kidz of innocence at the park
and finally to the hideous parked black stretcher
limo, was all part of my long and varied day. And
so, such is all in my photo essay of Saturday's
Folkz and Things that was unique to the day.
For tomorrow will be different from today in
one way or another even when we think it
seems the same. But, it oftentimes isn't if
you stop and think about your day ...
***
Cheers everybody, Uncle Monty.
+Sunday Before Ash Wednesday, 2oo9.
***
>> Yes, my promised Holy Fàtima story
will go online on or before Ash Wednesday or
what is then the beginning of Lent, 2oo9 <<
***
My graphic below is of Wayne V288, who folkz
may remember was portrayed as "Wayne, The
Invisiable Man" in the 2oo8 Christmas edition
of The Big Issue No. 825. Thus, I now present
him here by showing him by "invisiable" form
based on the photos I just took of him. Wayne
seems to be a jolly and decent fellow as a
BI street vendor that he is ...
***

No comments: