2/05/2009

Fatima Pilgrims. By Uncle Monty at Fatima.

Fatima Pilgrims.
By Uncle Monty at Fatima.
+
No matter the religious season, millions of people
become pilgrims around the world, of one kind or
another, in their personal quest of various and differ-
ing spiritual kinds for themselves. The huge number
of pilgrims each year is of staggering dimensions, but
the non-spiritual public at large seem totally unaware
of that and have little or no interest themselves in
pilgrimages of any kind. Yet, from the Hindus at The
Ganges (some 10 million Hindus flock there) to the
Muslims of the Haggai at Mecca (again millions at
a time) to the Catholics of Faitma (thousands upon
thousands every year) and to the hundreds upon
thousands of various Christians pilgrims visiting
Bethlehem, Jerusalem, and the Holy Land, at such
times as Eastertide and Christmastide. The busi-
ness of pilgrimage is a multi-million dollar in-
dustry that thrives all on its own. The world,
then, is in a constant flux of pilgrims at each
religious season or marked anniversary
according the faith of those who take part.
+
Fatima Pilgrims are, therefore, like all pilgrims
around the world. They first come to seek spiritual
comfort, healing, benediction and confirmation of
their religious belief and of their Christian identifi-
cation. The same is true, if they’re at any another
Holy Catholic Shrine like at France’s Lourdes or
at England’s Anglican-Catholic Shrine at Holy
Walsingham.
+
I am at Fatima, though, as an Anglican first to
seek spiritual comfort in a devoutly Christian
and religious setting that is witnessed here with-
out a doubt at Portugal’s world famous shrine
for all faithful people like me aside from my
own personal Anglican faith.
+
- Inside Fatima -
+
After my religious retreat here, I shall venture
to write about it on my blog for those who may
want to take a pilgrimage of some kind themselves.
Or who may be just curious about what a place like
Fatima is really like. I will try to do that later with
my upcoming piece about what I saw and exper-
ienced at Holy Fatima after I journey back to my
home base at secular Blighty. I will also, as usual,
include some of my photos of my first visit here
at astounding Fatima to freely and happily
share with you all …
+
God Bless, Uncle Monty.
St. Clement, 2oo9.
+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fatima is unreal. It's tacky. Better though than Lourdes. It is full of pius razzle-dazzle. That's what it is outside the sacredness of the Lourdes Shrine. Fatima is becoming more like Lourdes in a bad way. I am not an Anglican like you. Protestants by their nature tend to misunderstand Catholic shrines. But, I will read what you say on the question of Fatima - sacred shrine or religious roadshow? Good day. Micky Hardcastle.