2/16/2009

No Accommodation Conference. Homeless Notes By Uncle Monty.

NO ACCOMMODATION CONFERENCE
Saturday 21st February, 2oo9. 10:00am – 3:30pm
Homeless Notes By Uncle Monty
^^^
London’s "No Accommodation Conference" is aimed at
sharing and learning from established homeless shelters
and hosting schemes and other practical assistance
organised by churches and others for people with no
recourse to public funds. "Come and be inspired,
get involved, join the network!"
^^^
To register please return form to: Bethan Lant, Praxis,
Pott Street, London E2 0EF or e-mail bethan@praxis.org.uk
or kathryn.dennler@praxis.org.uk with your full contact
details and choice of workshops.
.
> Name: ______________________________________________
­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ .
> Organisation: _________________________________________
.
> Address: _____________________________________________
_____.._.__
________-_____________________________________________
..
> Tel #: _______________________________________________
.
> E-mail: ______________________________________________
.
>>> I have enclosed /will be sending by post [delete as appropriate]
a cheque for £10 made payable to "Praxis Community Projects" <<<
. .
:: WORKSHOP SESSIONS ::
The workshop sessions will be run twice during the day.
Please number your preferences from 1 to 4 and we will
endeavour to place you in your preferred sessions:-
. .
1 > Setting up and running a night shelter.
.
2 > Setting up and running a hosting scheme.
.
3 > Setting up and running supported houses.
.
4 > Move on options – rights and entitlements of
Europeans and refused asylum seekers.
^^^
Lunch will be provided. Please tick if you are a vegetarian or
have any other dietary requirements (all food will be halal) :-

[ ] vegetarian. [ ] other dietary requirement.
^^^
No Accommodation Conference, 2oo9.
^^^
1970's Photo: "No Dear They're Homeless."
^^^
:: My Confirmation I’m Not Quite-Yet Dead ::
By Uncle Monty.
As for recent reports of my death from such good
friends of mine as Roger Shaljean, Elizabeth Middleton,
and Sadie Hicks, I am pleased to report that such is
totally untrue!! Of course, if I were dead, I couldn’t
report that to you … So folkz could then be dead
right that Monty here has finally gone to hell.
Ah, well. But, no such luck quite-yet …
...
Dear Monty,
"I am overjoyed at receiving your email as I had recently
been told that you had passed away! It must be another
Monty! We are currently working on a fundraising walk
along 200+ miles of the Queen Eleanor Way from Lincoln
Cathedral to Westminster Abbey... now you can't get more
Anglican than that. I hope we can meet up next time I'm
in town so that I can hear more about your visit to
Portugal and the homeless women of Lisbon."
Regards, Roger.
To: earlofalbion@linuxmail.org
Cc: "Morgan McEvoy" morgan.mcevoy@cstm.org.uk
Subject: Re: tell me something, roger ...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:26:46 -0000
^^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Monty - Please consider coming to the conference so that you can report about it for the wider public and homeless victims. I introduced myself to you about four years ago at the Street Opera
in conjunction with St. Martin's. I have just found out about your very readable blog. Please try to be at the conference. I am a new blog fan of your's. Please have me!! With affection, Amber.