2/11/2009

Looking Back At Lisboa And Fátima Now From Blighty. By Uncle Monty.

Looking Back At Lisboa And
Fátima Now From Blighty.
Story By Uncle Monty.
Lisbon and Fátima
Photos By Alex Albion.
Caption Translation
By Miguel Bataglia.
...
There is so much that I can now write about
Portugal after spending the last 10 days during
my rather consistantly-rainy stay at Lisbon and
Fátima. I’m now back at Blighty and still drying out,
finally. And thus, I have also promptly started to
write about what I saw and heard and did at
Portugal. I am already looking back as I begin to
compose at least four short stories that will focus
on the Lisbon homeless, Fátima’s religious reality;
also giving a pictorial overview of the lovely and
historic ceramic tiles that adore both downtown Lis-
boa and pilgrim-based Fátima, and finally, select-
ing some of my photos of both places to share
with you all of my Portuguese encounters.
...
The wet weather did not stop me, of course, from
coming face-to-face with the faces of homelessness
at the capital of Portugal nor looking closely at be-
yond the public surface of Holy Fátima and then
wondering, while there, whether such was indeed
a sacred shrine or more like a religious roadshow.
...
Plus, I will in the upcoming series I write in-
clude, as usual, some of my many photographs
that speak for themselves in showing, if you
will, some of the life and character of today's
modern Portugal. Here then, are the caption
titles of the four-part series that I will pre-
sent in the course of this week and next.
...
1: Caras dos Sem Abrigo em Lisboa
or "Faces of Homelessness at Lisboa."
...
2: Fatima : Local Sagrado ou Festival Religioso
or "Fátima: Sacred Shrine or Religious Roadshow?"
...
3: Algumas fotos que tirei de Lisboa
or "Some Photos I Have Taken of Lisbon."
...
4: Azulejos tradicionais Portugueses
de Fatima e Lisboa or
"Ceramic Tiles of Fátima and Lisboa."
...
My good Portuguese buddy Miguel Bataglia
kindly translated the above story titles
from
English to Portuguese for me. Thankz ever
so much, pal. He now works at Africa's
Angola after his London stint at where we
knew each other for quite awhile at Long
Acre until he left unannounced around
Christmas, 2oo8. Oh, and for those who
maybe curious, Miguel is in the esoteric
business of military submarines. Wooow.
...
Greetings from Blighty, Uncle Monty.
+Thomas a'Kempis, 2oo9.
...
Hi Monty,
Unfortunelly i m not in Lisboa , i m already
in Angola... I hope you enjoy my country .
Keep in contact please. Cheers Miguel
...
From: Miguel Bataglia
To: thebiggerissue@k.st
Subject: Re: i'll be in lisboa
Date: Sun 02/01/09 03:51 PM
...

No comments: