7/02/2008

CRUSADERS OF GAFCON. By Uncle Monty.

CRUSADERS OF GAFCON
Story and Photos By Uncle Monty.
Part 1 of 2.
+
Yesterday, I spent much of the day among the archbishops,
bishops, clergy, and laity at the post-Jerusalem GAFCON
Briefing held at London’s Langham Place, which saw in
attendence perhaps close to a 1,000 members from the faithful
Anglican fellowship from around the world. GAFCON stands
for the Global Anglican Future Conference which is emerging as
a potent conservative and orthodox Anglican force that denounces
all the crippling illnesses of what they see has completely wrong
with the present leadership and direction of the Anglican
Communion’s ultraliberal agenda from the latest proposal to
consecrate women to the English Episcopacy, same sex marriages,
gay priests, Anglican apostasy, and issues of biblical teachings.
+
Within 48 hours of the formal end of the Jerusalem 2oo8 Gafcon
Conference at Israel, the first in the history of Historic Anglicanism,
many of what I call the "Gafcon Crusaders" there then came immed-
iately from Old Jerusalem to head directly to Olde London Towne
to present their open briefing of the post-Jerusalem conference.
I shall shortly present my full story of what transpired at
London's Langham Place. In the meantime, I include
some of the images I took of the archbishops, bishops
and clergy at the briefing.
+
Australia's Archbishop Peter Jensen
of Sydney happily with Uncle Monty
+

Dr. Jim Packer of Canada’s Vancouver stands out
as the top worldwide Anglican Polemist of today.

+
L-R: “Flying Bishop” of Fulham, Archbishop
Greg Venables, and India’s Bishop Stephens
at London’s Langham Place.
+
An Anglican priest at Gafcon from the Diocese of
Canterbury, was the Rev’d Andy Bawtree has prev-
iously ministered at the heart of Virginia’s South
West “Tobacco Country” until God called him back
home from America to his native England. I
will upload my image of him quite soon.
Here's what he kindly wrote to me, too:
Dear 'Uncle Monty', Thank you for your time yesterday
(at London’s Gafcon Conference). Where there is life there
is hope and where there is love there is justice. Press on.
Pax, Andy+. The Revd A J Bawtree MA BD.
River Vicarage, Kent. John 1:42
+
I will shortly, as stated before, upload my full story and
other images of my great day at the post-Jerusalem
GAFCON Briefing. I spent time with and photographed
every archbishop and bishop present, except for the mean
Peter Broadbent, Bishop of Willesden, who was dressed
like a yuppie and acted like a childish punk. When I re-
quested a photo of him he was snotty-nosed and told
me I could download his official image at the Diocese of
London’s website. He refused outright to be photograph-
ed and he was so ungracious I was totally vexed by his
conceited attitude and arrogrance. See his mugshot:

http://www.london.anglican.org/BishopOfWillesden

When I told him I try always to get my own photos first
and not those of other photographers, he simply walked off
like an ignoramus. He is after all only a minor bishop, so

I shouldn’t expect any Anglican manners from such a
slob and cad that I personally found him to be at

London’s Gafcon Briefing. Alot more, later …
Faithfully, Uncle Monty.
+St. Otto, 2oo8.

Caption Photo L-R : The Three Archbishops.
Archbishop Henry Orombi of Uganda, Archbishop Greg
Venables of the Southern Cone, and Australia's Archbishop
Peter Jensen of Sydney at London's Langham Place.
+
Below: Three gay activists from OUTRAGE
stood outside London's GAFCON Briefing.

+

No comments: