12/21/2007

Pretty Close To £1,500 Pounds So Far This Xmas ...

It's the shortest day of the year, yet for me it's been one
of the best and busiest days of this otherwise somber
Christmas on the last Friday before Christmas Day. It
started early for me this morning at just after 7:00am as
old customers and friends seemed to pop-up from nowhere
all together and leave me overjoyed with their gifts and
cash ... It started with James Bradbury who not only gave
me 50 quid but also $US100.00 to go towards my dash to
America should I go to see Contessa Maria there after her
broken hip has now been fixed.

Then it was Paul and Neil Davenport who gave me two
fifty quid banknotes as crisp as the morning frost. Thank
you so much you guyz for your kind generosity!! And
before I knew what had hit me, there was another old
customer of mine who I'd not seen in ages. She was none
other Sue Kelly with a lovely Xmas card with yet another
£50.00 enclosed in two twenties and a five. Next came
Maureen Garfield, an American lady from Maryland and
who lives in London, who promptly handed me a brand
new 20 pound note. As the day wore on, I was bedazzled
by the money rolling in and the gifts galore. By 12 noon, I
had 27 cards and 19 gifts. While, Cymru Television then
came and interviewed me on the spot or at my pitch for all
to see ... Talk about being a celebrity!! Some folkz thought
for a moment I was. Remember we no longer have 15 minutes
of fame, we get only 15 seconds thesedays just like me today.

Christmas has finally arrived for me after all the doom
and gloom of the past two weeks. I'm now about even
compared to my figures from last Christmas. Whether
today's blockbuster is just a one day oddity, I'll soon see
tomorrow being the last Saturday before the big day.
If I do well then, I shall feel alot more optimistic
about Xmas 2oo7 ...

Then came Nick Alfrey with a twenty for me. Fiona Sloss,
too, gave me such. The list goes on and on today with a
total of £431.00 given to me by those wonderful cus-
tomers of mine in the 7 hours I was at my Big Issue
pitch today. If only every day was like today,
I would then soon be a millionaire!!

Others who have given to me of gifts and cash during
this Christmas period include some of the following: Jill
Ferguson, Dan Ryman, Nigel and Fiona Ballard, Paul
Martin-Davies, Jon and Linda Annetts, Peter Roberts,
Shirley Ginsie, Jonathan Stoleman, Sham Gulpur, Ann
Morris, Jan Allen, Jan Mol, Kevin Cloud, John Lroughair,
Kyle Davidson, Richard Offer, Steve Foley, Mary Anderson,
Jenny Shoemaker, Gary Simms, Lloyd Dobson, Sharon Tate,
Marge Renfrew, Eric Chippendale and numerous others who I
don't know by their names. In any event, I'm simply so grateful
to all of the those folkz for finally making my Christmas seem
once again so special like it should always be ... My aim now
is to break the £2,000 mark by Christmas Eve ... His blessings
I'm assured no matter what!!
Keep warm, Monty. Three Dayz To Xmas, 2007.

No comments: