12/16/2007

May Just Dash To NYC To See Dear Maria ...

First news stated that Contessa Maria had suddenly suffered
a minor stroke and had been rushed to Mt. Sinai Hostpital in
New York City. After repeated attempts to call her both at
home and at the hospital in NYC, I finally got much better
news telling me she's slipped and broken her hip and had
suffered a mild concussion either by hitting her head on the
floor or wall as she fell free for all ...The difference
between a minor stroke and a mild concussion is like
day and night. So I may just dash to New York to visit
Maria, who has been so kind to me. I feel truly frustrated
that I couldn't help her in her hour of need ...
So I may just dash to New York to visit Maria, who has
been so kind to me. I feel truly frustrated that I couldn't
help her in her hour of need ...It's almost cheaper for me to
go to The Big Apple than for me to take an overnight train
from London to Edinburgh, Scotland!! So, Maria I hope to
see you soon on the other side of the pond ... God willing!
Subject: Good news on the Contessa.
Hello Monty,
I was so glad to read on your blog that Maria has not
had a stroke. As you so cleverly say, the difference
between mild concussion and a stroke is like the differ-
ence between night and day. Or even between life and
death, but fortunately that's something we don't
have to consider for a long time yet!
So you might be in New York right now. I'm sure she
would be very pleased to see you. I don't think we
shall see each other tomorrow,assuming that you are
still in London, as my dance teacher has postponed
his class until 3pm tomorrow. But I shall be there next
week and I do hope that we will see each other then as
I want to give you a Christmas card, hear all your news
and give you every good wish for a lovely
Christmas and a peaceful 2008.
All the best, Bev.
Date: Fri 12/14/07 01:15AM
UPDATE: Her hip has been fixed and she's going
to Scottsdale, Arizona, to recover completely, I'm told.
But I still haven't been able to speak with Maria directly
since before returning from Iran ... I won't go stateside
until I speak directly with her and to be sure I can then
spend some confort time with her ... I'll go in the
New Year, if I go now to Arizona directly ...
It's saves the mess in NYC, doesn't it?

No comments: