5/21/2010

Give Me Back My Big Issue Pitch NOW - Day 1. By Uncle Monty.

Day One of My London Big Issue
Public Protest & Petition Drive.
Now Read The Full Story Below:



Give Me Back My Big Issue Pitch NOW!
By Uncle Monty at Day One Protest.
Photos & Graphic By Alex Albion.
:::
::: NEWS FLASH :::
:::
Ironically, on the exact same day that The Big
Issue's Peter Bird illegally suspended me from
my Long Acre pitch, the Honourable Crown Judge
Aidan Marron, Q.C., at London's Blackfriars Crown
Court, imposed sentences at the same time on my
convicted immigrant robbers. I received official
notification of their sentences only this Saturday
morning that pleased me no end. Judge Marron,
who was recently in the national news about his
vexation of the release of criminals due to the mis-
management of cases by the Crown Prosecution
Service (CPS), ordered one of my robbers to be
deported after the completion of the 12 months
prison sentence he imposed on the blackguard.
The crown judge also imposed a 60-day curfew
order with electronic monitoring and 70 hours of
unpaid work on another of my robbers, who acted
in illegal tandem to rob me on Bendy Bus No. 25,
some 2½ years ago, after leaving my Big Issue
pitch. I am quite satisfied with the honourable
judge's sentences, although I am far from satisfied
with Peter & John Bird's total injustice toward me.
Thus, I can clearly see another day coming in
another court of justice regarding them
and pretty soon!
+St. Alban, English Protomartyr, 2010.
:::
Now let me tell you what happened at Day One
of my public protest and petition drive that ended
a few hours later after The Big Issue called the police
on me! Yes, they called the Met Police on me. What?
Never in all my 35 years as a news photographer
has anybody ever called the police on me,
except The Big Issue.
:::
In the meantime, quite a few of my friends and
Big Issue customers are away on their holidays, so
things have been very quiet since Big Issue’s Peter
Bird had the gall to suspend me from my pitch for no
other reason than my critical views and expressions
on my metablog that has, and will continue, to be
critical of The Big Issue gang and its
two brothers Peter and John Bird.
:::
I am caught in the Big Issue's callous Catch 22!!
Such is based on its foul and arbitrary catch-all
rule of any vendor charged with "bringing
disrepute on The Big Issue." It can be used,
and oftentimes is, by The Big Issue without it
being challenged in a court of law. Hopefully,
that is soon to be changed forever.
:::
The "unholy" Big Issue is a law unto itself
and my severe criticism at times against
The Big Issue policies and staffers is a
pain in their rear ends! Such is enough for
vile Peter Bird to then take away without
warning my pitch that I have held without
blemish for 5 years at London's Long Acre
that sits within the parameters of England's
famous Covent Garden.
:::
The Bird Brothers seem to have a big bone to
pick with me all because of my writings in general
- including one of my more provocative stories
entitled "The Sad Case of Killer-Boy Jon
Venables" - that I am told broke the camel's
back for the Bird Brothers to try to get rid
of me. But not so easy pal, I'm afraid.
My blog is, in fact, a private endeavour of
mine and has nothing whatsoever to do with
The Big Issue. Yet, Peter and John Bird seek
to censor my freedom and my rights to free
speech under the law by taking my Big Issue
pitch away without any due process or any
in-house appeal mechanism to appeal against
their lawless actions. They are a law unto
themselves, I repeat, and they have for all too
long gotten away with inflicting and imposing
mean punishments against their vendors for
years without anybody challenging them
publicly or taking them to a court of law.
That is about to change, if they continue to
either ignore or defy my demand to have my
pitch given back to me without further ado.
I state that as a warning, not as a threat!
:::
My personal impressioin of vile Peter Bird is that
of a Trade Union-type factory shop steward more
than a so-called business development manager at
the Big Issue. But above all, he sounds and acts so
parochial and seems to have little concept of the
wide world beyond his little Big Issue nose. If it
wasn’t for his big brother John Bird, I suspect
little Peter would be little more than a small time
British factory hand or a low-level shop steward.
:::
The Big Issue brothers - Peter & John Bird -
think they have a right to censor those like
me who write widely on four blogs/websites
of mine. But they don't and never will despite
their illegal and arbitrary punishment of
me and my protected rights of free speech
under the law. My blog stories and my
constant critical view of all things going on
at The Big Issue will sooner or later go be-
yond my simple criticism to nationwide
news investigation and publicity about
The Bird Brothers. Whatever they
do, they'll not silence me.
:::
Big Issue's Sam Woolock.

:::

Sam Woolock stopped by to find out if I was
selling The Big Issue and to find out if I was a
"debadged" vendor, too, as I sat peacefully across
from my suspended pitch collecting signatures
from friends and customers for my petition drive
demanding my pitch be given back to me. My
pitch has now been commandeered quickly by
new Big Issue vendors. Sam and I talked and
she was most informative in telling me the
purported reasons behind my suspension by
vile Peter Bird with the backing of his paid
henchmen and women who have now been
viciously and maliciously invading my blog by
posting their pro-Bird and pro-Big Issue and
anti-me comments that I am more than happy
for the world outside the small fishbowl of The Big
Issue to read. I believe strongly, after all, in the
right of free speech no matter if such concerted
attacks on me is now deliberately organised against
me by those at the behest of The Bird Brothers.
The rhythm of their words and their false assump-
tions appear to be that of very closed-minded and
horse-blinkered individuals. Indeed, the more they
attack me, the more they help me to make my case
against The Big Issue in court! And, the more it
makes me determined to speak out and to
state my case publicly against such nefarious
folks. I don't have to justify a thing to them
and I never will ... so bye, bye, babies, then.
:::
She, Sam, also raised a number of questions with
me about my blog and especially the story I wrote
called "The Sad Case of Killer-Boy Jon Venables,"
that my Big Issue distractors have now suddenly
seized upon as a reason why The Big Issue should
get rid of me. I have since "re-indexed" my Jon
Venable story to my website at Toronto, Canada.
It is safe there to read openly and is beyond the
organized bashers of the Big Issue mob! They
are trying to intimidate and smear me, but
all they do is to show their true colours and
their wicked motives. I welcome more
feedback from them since it will be even
more helpful for me once Peter Bird must
answer for his vile actions inside a court of law
when he is ultimately sued for £100,000- for
punitive damages and civil defamation.
I cannot wait to see him defend himself!
It should be quite a Big Issue spectacle ...
:::
After Sam Woolock had left, I continued
my public protest and petition drive that
I thought would result in about two dozen
signature for my Day One. In fact, I got
43 signatures by the time I suddenly
saw Big Issue's swaggering Billie with two
uniformed women British police constables
coming right at me. I discovered that where
I was sitting had been made an official Big
Issue pitch, even though in all the five years
at Long Acre such had never been a pitch!
What they'd done was to declare it was an
official pitch in order to remove me from my
public protest and petition drive right next
to my Cafe Nero pitch. Billie was her usual
mouthy-self when I asked her why she had
not told me earlier that I was now sitting in
an "official" pitch. Billie said she didn't tell
me "because I have been told not to speak
to you!!" Then in front of the two constables
she declared I "should not be seen in the West
End, if I was you" due to my blog! How crazy?
I have, of course, previously written about
Billie and her admitted status as a former drug
addict and who has declared she also carries over
95 previous criminal convictions in her name ...
She is an open lesbian, too. She was chuffed to
be walking along side the police as she took glee
in bringing them to me on behalf of The Big Issue:
:::
Among other places I shall hold my public protest
and petition drive will be outside the British House of
Commons, outside of BBC Bush House, and outside
The Big Issue Headquarters at 1-5 Wandsworth Road,
London, SW8, that is situated across from Vauxhall
Station. Hope, perhaps, to see you all there!
:::
JUST ONE LAST QUESTION FOR NOW TO
PETER BIRD: How's that investigation going
that you said you would conduct while I am under
gross suspension by you? Not heard a word yet
about the results of your fabulous investigation?
I anxiously await your FINAL DECISION, I do!!
:::
- Unsolicited Letter In Support
of Me From Zud or South Africa -
"Dearest Monty, I honestly think you should turn
your back on both Mr. Birds. They are no good for you
I honestly do believe. The reputation they want to pre-
serve is down the drain already. Mr. Bird has no shame
and never will. Dearest Monty stand tall as you always
do. I was laughing out loud when one of the Big Issue
supporters said both Mr. Birds had shown "great virtues."
What poppycock! So great are their virtues they've
thrown you away like trash!! No, Dearest one, it is
time for you to turn your back on them. Then, you're
even freer to expose them for all you can in the future.
What both Mr. Birds have done is to make even more
enemies and not more friends. They have now turned
you into a dedicated enemy. Instead of silencing you,
Dearest one, they have made you even more vocal
and critical of them. You don't need them. Dearest
Monty, I shall be back in London before your next trip
to Rio. Please, please, be sure that we get together
again. We can stand in the empty and lonely spot
that was once a joy and is now dead due only to both
Mr. Birds and the Big Bad Issue magazine. I will never
buy another one in London or here in Durban after
what I see the rats have done to you. The two cold
Mr. Birds have also thrown away all of your many
customers out of their big spite against you, Dearest
of the dear. ALL MY LOVING, DEAREST,
DEAREST MONTY, as I cry for you!!!"
Elizabeth Middleton, D.B.E.
:::
She Signs My Petition To The Big Issue.

:::
My Delayed Moscow & St. Petersburg Stories.

My apologies to my blog readers for my temporary delay in presenting my upcoming stories on my trip to Moscow and St. Petersburg. Due to the on going situation with The Bird Brothers of The Big Issue, it is imperative that I focus primarily on my public protest and petition drive for the rightful return of my Covent Garden pitch. Hence, I am devoting my time to that for the time being. But please be assured, my Russian stories will go online. Take care ...

.
Vexed, but determined, Uncle Monty.
+The Eve of English Protomartyr St. Alban,
2010.
.

Since some nasty folks at The Big Issue have now suddenly raised the question of the title of thebiggerissue.org, let me tell them right here and now that they are most welcome to take me to civil court to state whatever dubious reasons they can find to claim it is "trading" on The Big Issue trade name. It is not! The Big Issue is a commercial and godless entity, while thebiggerissue is a non-profit and non-commercial megablog that claims no business association with The Big Issue nor any claim that it represents such a registered company or charity. No advertising is found and no corporate donations are sought at thebiggerissue.org, unlike The Big Issue.

.
(Click on any image to Enlarge}

.

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

I think Monty they've set you up.
My best from Sylvia.