12/23/2009

Season's Greetings From Shambani. By Harry Atkins.




Season's Greetings From Shambani.
By Harry Atkins.
.+.
Dear Monty,
What is the collective noun for Kangaroos? I wonder.
I suggest a thump of kangaroos. I/We all hope that life
is going well for you. I'm not much good on my lap top
so I do not follow your colourful blogs.
.+.
Summer has come but we have a fair amount of water
stored. I wonder if you have been on any adventure
since we last saw you (in London last September).
.+.
Advent - how I loved that season as a child.
Perhaps you will be carol-singing at this season.
We hope that Christmas is cosy and peaceful.
.+.
Best wishes, Myrna, Harry, Rosalind and Perry.
Shambani, Mt. Barker, South Australia.
Dec. 11. 2009.
.+.
I received the above Christmas card message from my
dear friend and author Harry Atkins and his lovely wife
Myrna along with their family at Shambani, via Australian
Mail, on the Eve Before Christmas Eve at London, UK.
.+.
Harry is a devout Welsh Anglican and retired Kenya
schoolmaster and delightful Myrna is a Welsh Presbyterian.
Their daughter Rosalind is a registered nurse and her fine
husband Perry is a gym instructor. Shambani is located at
remote Mt. Barker in the wonderful Adelaide Hills at where
nature and animal-loving - horses, dogs, sheep, cats, and
of course, visiting kangaroos - are held in supreme respect
at the hobby farm of Shambani.
.+.
I shall always remember my stay there and hope that
one day I may return to such an earthly paradise that it
resembles so much for me in so many charming ways!
I happily send my best Christmas greetings to all at
Shambani and to all those good folkz and the eye-catching
kangaroos among South Australia's Adelaide Hills ...
Very truly, Uncle Monty.
+Eve Before Christmas Eve, 2oo9.
.
The above caption image of the Kangaroos is taken from the
actual Australian Xmas card sent to me by the Shambani folkz!
.
Some Xmas Gifts For Uncle Monty ...
and some nice cash inside Xmas cards!!
.
{Click on any image to Enlarge}
.

1 comment:

Eric Pickles said...

Dear Monty,

Even though there's just two days to go until Christmas, we're still working hard at Conservative HQ. Whatever else happens in 2010, we know for sure it will be the year that Britain finally gets to pass judgement on this awful Labour government.

But let's not underestimate the size of the challenge that faces us. As I explain in my latest War Room Briefing video, we will need to win 117 seats for a majority of one - and that's a big ask of any Party.

Now, with this huge task ahead of us, it's very important that we all enjoy our festive break. But if all those TV repeats get a bit much, I've picked out some things that you might like to watch instead.

With it being Christmas, it's particularly important to recognise the efforts of our troops out in Afghanistan. If you missed this fascinating Webcameron film documenting David's fourth trip to the region, I'd recommend giving it a watch.

My Shadow Cabinet chum Greg Clark was in Bangladesh recently, to see for himself the devastating effects of climate change on the vulnerable communities there. He made a video diary of his visit, which you can watch here.

And, if you've been enjoying my video messages or following me on Twitter, you might like to have a listen to my first ever podcast, recorded yesterday for your enjoyment.

But don't forget - we must come back in 2010 ready to pound those streets, deliver those leaflets and help to spread the Conservative message to voters up and down the country.

Monty, have a really great Christmas and a very happy New Year, and I'll see you on the campaign trail.

Yours, Eric Pickles,
Comment on Eric's message
on The Blue Blog.

Send this message on to your friends, family and workmates
Blocked by your spam filter? Add bulletin@news.conservatives.com
to your address book

Want to unsubscribe? Send a blank e-mail to this address

Promoted by Alan Mabbutt on behalf of the Conservative Party, both at 30 Millbank, London, SW1P 4DP