5/01/2008

Cast Thy Votes Dear Compatriots.

Cast Thy Votes Dear Compatriots.
Story and Photos By Uncle Monty.

Before the polls even opened at seven o’clock sharp on the
morning of the 2oo8 London Mayoral Election, I was already
standing outside my local polling station at The English
Martyrs Parish Hall and Social Club to cast my vote for
Mayor of London. I was the only one there when I first
arrived although five minutes later an elderly
snowwhite-haired Scots lady came with her Official
Poll Card in her hand. She asked me: “Who do you
want to vote for?” I told her tongue-in-cheek: “For
anybody who is homeless.” She roared in laughter at
what I’d jokingly said. I then asked her who she
planned to give her vote to. She whispered in my
ear almost surreptitiously “… B … N … P …” Or the
far right British National Party. I suspect they’ll do
alot better in the present London-wide election than
previously seen. In fact, I have feelings some of the
present minor political parties like the BNP, English
Democrats, UK Independence Party, Left List, Green
Party and what have you, may do alot better than is
so far predicted of them in the British mass news
media and political polls.

So into the polling station I went only to find every polling
official, some 5 or 6 of them, were all African blacks and not
a single white face was there, except the three white voters
now being checked by them to ensure the were lawfully
registered voters. By ten minutes after seven, we were all
out of there having cast our ballots for whoever we wanted
as mayor. The Scots lady asked me who I’d voted for has
we chatted small time outside the polling station once again.
I told her I would not tell her who I had voted for, but that I
would tell her who I had not vote for … “Who … who, deary?
...” she quizzed me like some kind of retired political corres-
pondent for The Scotsman. I told her I didn’t vote for
the present mayor Ken Livingstone, who makes me
livid just to hear his voracious voice and to see his
frazzled face like a jackass to me.

And thousands upon thousands of the folkz voting in
the 2oo8 London Mayoral Election on May 1st, are not
even Londoners by birth or rearing or education. Of those
registered to vote for the Mayor of London, a staggering
1 in 3 of them are so-called “black minorities” that not
only don’t originally come from London but are also not
even British-born. Yet, they can vote en masse and sadly
for Britain they do. And also all of those European
Union (EU) citizens living in London – masses of Poles,
Italians, French, and other Eastern Europeans – can all
cast their votes for London Mayor, who I should point
out is not the same mayor as the Lord Mayor of London.
Many confusingly believe the Mayor of London and
the Lord Mayor of London are the same. They’re not.

I noticed the 12:30PM early edition of The London Evening
Standard
declared in its front page headline that Boris Johnson
held the lead over Ken Livingstone. The polls don’t finally close
until 10:00PM, so more than nine or so hours may produce
some markedly different results between the 10 mayoral
candidates with Boris Johnson perhaps just making it
over the imp and incumbent Red Ken.

When I returned several hours later to photograph my
polling station (see caption photo) for this story line, I
saw the two very large black and white “Polling Station”
posters had disappeared off the outside walls and had
presumably been blown away by the wind and rain
of the Election Day. As I photographed, I saw two
black males, with one lame, go into the polling station
and come back out about ten minutes later. I then noticed
four or so old white folkz arriving at the polling station and
they also walked right inside to cast their votes. I was then
saying to myself - “Cast Thy Votes Dear Compatriots” - as
I saw them as elderly British pensioners, like me, who may
indeed be voting for the last time in their lives for mayor
based on their old age and possible death by the next
London mayoral election of four years hence in 2012.

It was the first time in my life that I had ever voted
for a London Mayoral candidate and I felt glad I could.
It is no use complaining about what’s wrong with us,
if we fail to exercise our precious right and liberty to
vote. Yet, I spoke to perhaps three or four young
people who told me their different reasons why they
could'nt or would'nt vote at such an election. I didn’t
buy their reasons and I told them so. Of those other
grown-ups who I enquired of whether they’d voted
or not, I was delighted that most of the six or seven
told me they had already done so or planned to do so
after work on their way home. The power of the
people is only as powerful as the people who
use it. No vote, no power. And no power,
no vote. Think about it …


My image and graphic of John Bird (shown above)
at his London Mayoral Campaign event. He later
quietly and unceremoniously dropped out of the
mayor's race after all that he’d said and done as a
mayoral candidate. John’s chance of winning was
pretty slim to say the least and he knew that, too,
I think. But remember what I said to the Scots lady,
I’d vote for anybody who is homeless. Well, John
Bird is the next best thing as a former homeless man
himself and who is now living off the hog like he has
never been homeless in his life thankz to his own
16-year success as co-founder of The Big Issue,
which I still flog as a”blogging” street vendor
at Covent Garden’s Long Acre.

I will update this piece once I have confirmation
of the winner of this year’s 2oo8 London Mayoral
Election. Also be sure to “Cast Thy Votes Dear
Compatriots” come the next General Election to be
held at sometime between now and the year 2010
at when New Labour’s brickhead and prime minister
Gordon Brown must declare a national election. Un-
like what he did last time, he cannot call it off for fear
he and his crony Labour Party being booted out and
thrashed with a good hiding by the British Electorate.
“Boot The Brickhead,” I say … along with London’s
Red Ken and the whole hideous bunch of England's
New Labour – period.
Faternally, Uncle Monty.
+The Ascension. And also have a
good Mayoral Election Day, 2oo8.
-
>>> WELL DONE BORIS <<<
It's great news to finally see the back of the
jackass Ken Livingstone with Boris Johnson having
now been soundly elected as the next Mayor of
London. It was good news, too, to see the bloody
Labour Party clobbered across the country with
losing close to 330 local government seats in one go.
Bravo, bravo. The beginning of the end is finally
coming for the New Labour cronies of every stripe
that have enacted all things at the expense of all
things British. They've devoured the very life
and fabric of this English nation for their
own political pathology, madness, and curse of
mass immigration, forced national ID cards upon
the people, our continued presence in Iraq and
Afghanistan against the will of the pople,
refused to let us vote for or against the
latest twists and turns on our unvoted
European Union membership, and above all
they've done everything to belittle the
best that is Britain.
-
With classless Red Ken gone, now we have
Blue-Blooded Boris. With New Labour's mass loss,
we'll finally see the end of everything that's
Labour at the next U.K. General Election. All I
can say, is the damn quicker the damn better.
-
So for now, congratulations to Boris
Johnson as the new and welcomed Mayor of
London ... And be sure to grab those keys
to City Hall before old Livingstone can get
upto his old tricks and trash evidence of
corruption there and his bad buddies like
Black Jasper, who under Red Ken got
millions of quids for political pet pro-
jects that were suspect from beginning
to end. Jasper has now been arrested.
Perhaps next it'll be the shyster and
jackass himself the ex-mayor Livingstone?
-
I'm here at Southampton for the May
holiday weekend and at where the Tories
also won against the local labour-controlled
council that has held sway here, I believe,
since 1984 or for close to 25 years. Have
now a good holiday weekend, everybody ...
Uncle Monty, May 3rd, 2oo8.

No comments: