2/10/2008

Cymru's Capital City Called Caerdydd ...

:: Matt, 27, ex-Para, Welsh Big Issue vendor ::
: Singers Outside The Six Nations Stadium ::
:: Masses of Rugby Fans Passing Cardiff Castle ::
:: Myself Holding the Welsh Dragon By Its Tail ::
:::::::
Hebogyddiaeth was most interesting at Castell
Caerdydd after stopping by at its Porth Y Gogledd.
Afterwards, I then ventured to Heoy Y Tollty
along with taking a look at Amgueddfa G. Cymru,
Eglwys Dewi Sant, and the Y Farchnad Ganolog.
::
Are you still with me? Sorry if you don't speak
Welsh, but neither do I. Such above was the Welsh
names and spellings of places and streets that de-
lightfully teased me on my arrival here at the capital
of Wales. Along with me, came over 45,000
rugby fans to attend The Six Nations Rugby
Games between Scotland and Wales. Ironically,
I saw more men in tartan kilts at Welsh Cardiff,
than I'd ever seen at Scottish Edinburgh ...
::
So here I am at Cardiff on my first visit to Cymru's
Capital City Called Caerdydd. It's a growing city
of over 315,000 people in population ...
::
I don't have time to write more about my visit to
Wales. But, I'll share some nice photos to share with
you on my return to England of The Big Issue vendor
Matt, an ex-Para, at age 27, with painted Red Dragons
on his cheeks in support of the home Welsh rugby team.
I will also add a couple of other images I took while
in Cardiff. (I've now uploaded such for you).
::
As for the Six Nations event of teams from England,
Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Italy and France, Matt told
me it was "no good" for him since most of the crowded
rugby fans had come to eat, party and carouse before and
after the game that Wales won over Scotland. The city had
closed down much of the downtown area to traffic to acco-
mmodate the masses of walking and scurrying rugby
supporters that packed the streets like sardines and with
many moving in incorrigible packs. The sports fans, it
seemed, had no interest whatsoever in either The Big
Issue or its friendly Welsh-based homeless vendors ...
Cheers, Monty. +1st Sunday in Lent, 2oo8.

No comments: