9/18/2007

Sebastian Horsley was like "Brideshead Revisited."

He bought six copies from me of the Dame Anita Roddick edition (No. 762) of The Big Issue did Sebastian Horsley, who is also written-up in the same issue on page 30 at the lower left hand corner in black and pink. He's there under the caption of "Off The Shelf: Sebastian Horsley."

He and I chatted together for awhile. I then photographed him holding the latest edition as Sebastian then wore his tall, jet black, velvet, custom-made "funeral director's" hat!! No wonder folkz did stop and gawp at him as I did a short series of images of him at London's Theatreland.

For some unexplained reason, Sebastian Horsley instantly reminded me of some kind of character from "Brideshead Revisited." I felt for a moment that I'd been there has I talked more with him. He could have almost been the same character of Lord Sebastian in the famed Brideshead teledrama of years ago could Horsley.

As Sebastian Horsley finally trotted off in the autumn's cold morning air, I realised he was a very talented and gifted gentleman that one rarely encounters upfront thesedays in long Lost England. I had thoroughly enjoyed my unexpected get together with him at Long Acre ... I then went off to the Proud Galleries to view other photographic images not of my own making ...

No comments: