9/21/2007

Clergy Figures ...

I have perhaps met more religious figures than most clergy or religion
editors. I have photographed popes, archbishops, patriarchs, noviciates,
rabbis, seminarians, deacons, and televangelists. I am drawn to such
figures for reasons I cannot readily explain no matter what religion or
faith they may officially represent. Here then are just six of my clergy
images I took during the year of 2oo5 at America's capital of
Washington, D.C. and at England's capital of London.

Mother Teresa Nuns at summer outing at Herne Bay
Episcopal Minister Catherine Young
& two children at St. Luke's
Episcopal Church at Washington, D.C.

Episcopal Priest Richard Carver at The Epiphany Parish
at Washington, D.C. with his assistant minister

His Excellency, Bishop Bernard Longley,
Catholic Auxiliary Bishop of Westminster

Bishop Tom Butler of the Anglican
Diocese of Southwark

The Anglo-Catholic Archbishop of the
Order of St. Mary at the Shrine of Our
Lady of Walsingham
I will shortly add a few more clergy figures that I
have photographed such as the old rabbi at the hidden
Fez Synagogue at Fez, Morocco; the Evangelical
Lutheran head pastor at Torshavn Cathedral in the
Faroe Islands. And my favourite clergy figure of
them all is Father Alexander Sherbrooke, who feeds
the homeless every Tuesday night with his wonderful
volunteers at Soho Square's St. Patrick Church in
London. Father Alexander is worthy of being a bishop,
in my considered opinion, and thus he would then
become another true Prince of the Church. Plus, Most
Rev'd Patrick O'Donahague, The Bishop Of Lancaster.
Bravo!!
UPDATE: Now see my post of Oct. 9th, 2oo7,
for the images of the above-mentioned clergy ...

No comments: