3/16/2011

Polo Invitation.

.
.
.
Gaucho International Polo, 2011.
By Uncle Monty.
Exclusive Polo Photos By Alex Albion.
.
Really, it was a four-in-one invitation to me to
 be (1) seated as a guest at the front-row of The
Gaucho International Polo Invitation; (2) to then be
invited for a super lunch with the posh polo players;
 (3) to be made a welcome guest at Sky TV Backstage
during the polo intervals and (4) at the close of the
 unusual day to be expensively wined and dined as
 a dinner guest at Aura-Mayfair after the charity
final of the Gaucho International Polo meeting.
...
Alas, I had myself a full 12-hour day of sheer fun
and joy to last me at least for awhile! And even
better, it was all free for me!  Thus, it didn't cost
me a penny or a red cent thankz to such four hap-
penings being by invitation only. The cost must
have been well over $350- for the day's freebies
given to me. Thankz is due ever so much
 to my dear Contessa Maria.
.
Some of the International Polo Horses & Players.
.
But above all it was the wonderful horses, the superb
riders, and the classic polo itself that made my day for
 all its worth. I'd never before seen Gladiatorial Polo
either, but when I did I was excited to witness such
with the spectacular teams from Argentina, England,
Scotland, and South Africa. Also, never had I seen
 such outstanding levels of good sportmanship in pro-
sports like I did among the skilled polo players that
was a true testimony to them and their elite
sport of international polo.
.
Some of the Gentlemen of International Polo.
.
Their fine and superb horses were magnificant all
around - both on and off the arena. With a pro-
jected crowd of 10,000 spectators, I was also
 right at home with the festival atomsphere that at
 times was clearly evident at the unfolding of the
four major polo matches that I happily saw.
.
The first was the Polo Exhibition Match, next The
Ambassador's Cup between Scotland vs. South
Africa, then The Celebrity Polo Match / Charity
Fundraiser, and ending befittingly with The
Churchill Cup between England vs. Argentina.
.
Game On! Polo Sticks and all come into play!
.
A World Class Argentine Polo Player.
.
The average pro-polo player is thought to be worth
over $450,000- even at their young age of 20-30
years old. If not individually, then their family's
fortune holds them in good stead to pay costly
fees to play international polo and to own their
own fine horse or horses as part of the elite
world sport. Horses don't come cheap with
the average value of such polo horses begin-
ning at around $175,000 each. That's fine
with me! I'll take at least two!!
.
Dismounted Polo Jockeys.
.
Known as "The Game of Kings," polo has been played
 "for over two and half thousand years by Kings,
Emperors, Shahs, and Sultans," states Club G
Polo 2011.
.
If you'd like a taste of polo - not Polo Mints! - then
you can attend Friday In The Park Lunch  for $625.00
(or 415 quid) at London's Huntington Cub, July 3-5th,
2011. You'll also get some Venve Clicquot champagne
thrown in ... At that price, you should!
.
Next To Go On To Join Their Polo Teams.
.
Before The Start of the Polo Invitation w/a novice rider.
.
Lined up as group winners the polo players are
photographed BEFORE a particular team is actually
declared the winner by the end of the invitation.
This method, was all new to me ...
.
The thrill was to watch each match and to
know one was watching something quite
special with man and horse competing with
all their skills of riding and horsemanship
to swipe the bright pink polo ball into
the opposite goal post.  What I learned
about polo was that unlike other professional
sports the players do it more for love than
for money! Although, quite clearly polo
players aren't exactly poor to begin with.
Whatever, they're first driven by the sport
and not by whatever material reward may
or may not come their way.
.
What I like most at being at The Gaucho Inter-
national Polo Invitation was seeing for the first
time in my rather checkered life an actual polo
 match right under my own chin ... I'd seem in
 the past news photographs of Prince Charles
 and Prince Harry playing polo, but to see it
for myself was the real thrill for me. What I
saw I liked and I'd like to see more in the
future, if I get such a four-in-one invitation
ever again. That's doubtful, of course, so I
now relish my first encounter with internation-
al polo like I undoubtedly would if I got say
an invitation to the Royal Wedding of William
&amp Kate come next month;  That's highly
 unlikely for sure. So, give me more polo, I say.
And a touch of the Royal Wedding would
also help me feel perhaps abit important when
I am actually not. Polo gives a sense of im-
portance that no amount of elbowing by
Wayne Rooney would ever bring to most
of us. Let me say no more ... except,
more polo please!!
...
Happily, Uncle Monty.
+Eve of Patrick, Patron Saint of Ireland, 2011.
.
:: Feedback & Comments ::
newsscope@k.st
.
.
No Cross & No Clergy Present.
By Uncle Monty.
Last night, I attended The Parliament Square
Prayer Gathering of several thousands to pray
 for our country and national leaders at the
black iron gates of the House of Commons
and the House of Lords. Oddly enough, I saw
no crosses and not even a Catholic priest or
an Anglican clergyman or a Methodist minister
present to support the public gathering of our
 Faith and Christanity with so many feverish
Christians present. They came with candles,
glow sticks, and warm clothes, as the evening
felt more like mild winter than spring with the
cold London air and its jet black sky en-
veloping us despite our open Christian joy.
I will have a more detailed story with
photos before the end of the month about
The Parliament Square Prayer Gathering.
Truly, Uncle Monty.
+10th Day of Holy Lent, 2011.
....
.
PIGFACE & BIG GOB.
By Uncle Monty.
ALLABOUTTHEBIGISSUE: PIGFACE & BIG GOB.
.
.
.
{ Click on any image to Enlarge }
.

No comments: