1/15/2011

Tunis. By Uncle Monty.


Tuning Into Tunis.
By Uncle Monty Inside Tunis.
World News Agency Images.
...
Self-evacuation is my only choice has I have
arrived back at Tunis – the Tunisian capital –
from Sousse yesterday as the country’s
autocratic president Ben Ali has suddenly
fled abroad to Saudi Arabia and the airport
is ringed with tanks and soldiers. And, the air
space, I am told, is now closed. I cannot rely
on the British Embassy to help me, so I will
make it alone somehow from here on out.
...
Right now, I’m not scared but just worried
I might get trapped here against my own will
and safety. I have enough money with me to
hold out for about two weeks as long as I
don’t get robbed again like I did earlier of
my camera at sweet and sour Sousse.
...
Tunis Security Forces At The Dreaded Interior Ministry.
...
The placid Tunis I had seen 10 days earlier
was now forever rapidly changed as huge
angry crowds of street protesters rightly
demanded reforms and the end of political
and social repression and rampant corruption
by the cronies and gangsters supporting Ben
Ali’s 23 years of one man rule at the expense
and desperation of the true Tunisian people.
I'm also sure some live bullets whizzed past
my old Anglican head! I must say it's quite
an unusual and dangerous start to
the New Year 2011 for me.
...
After my earlier depressing visit to Libya’s
Tripoli, I’m now confronted with a growing war
zone inside Tunisia that I had not planned for
during my independent itinernary and winter
holiday across North Africa. In any event, I am
now "tuning into Tunis" to safeguard my life.
...
I’ll be lucky if I get out the country in one piece
or not to get shot either by accident or deliber-
ately by the Tunis goon squad on the streets ...
I’m hoping to be back safely at my homebase
by my upcoming birthday next week ...
I trust in the good Lord to protect and
guide me! Amen!!
...
Indeed, It's The First Wikileaks Revolution. Bravo!
THEBIGGERISSUE.ORG: WikiLeaks. By Uncle Monty.
...
In the photo at the far left background is the
Tunis National Legislature on Rue de Mohamed
V. at where machine gun toting cops gathered.
In the foreground the billboard shows President
Ben Ali, whose presidential mugshot is plastered
all over the country without exception.
...
Tunisia in turmoil as President flees from the anger
of the dispossessed. Tourists evacuated and state of
emergency declared as one of North Africa's longest-
standing regimes falls to popular protest.
By Charlotte McDonald-Gibson.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/tunisia-in-turmoil-as-president-flees-from-the-anger-of-the-dispossessed-2185148.html#Scene_1
...
Holiday Britons' war zone terror: 3,000 tourists
trapped as Tunisia teeters on the brink of civil war.
By David Williams & Rebecca Evans.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1347323/Tunisia-riots-3-000-holiday-Britons-trapped-violence.html#ixzz1B5Ndxi1V
...
Ben Ali flees to Saudi Arabia. Riyadh confirms
arrival of former Tunisian president who fled violent
social protests over unemployment and corruption.
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/01/20111153616298850.html
...
Old 1892 Tunisian Centimes Issued
under French Rule from 1881 to 1957.
...
My escape is now planned, Uncle Monty.
+Eve of 2nd Sunday of Epiphany, 2011.
...
Feedback & Comments

No comments: