10/01/2009

Iran's Strange Foothold In UK. By Uncle Monty.

Iran's Strange Foothold In UK.
Story By Uncle Monty.
Studio Photos By Alex Albion.
ooo
Last night, at Iran’s PressTV studios there stood before
my camera two perfect English gentlemen by the names of
Andrew Gilligan and Richard Ottaway. Gilligan is now named
"The Journalist of the Year" and Ottaway is the Tory MP,
who sits on the powerful and highly-sensitive Intelligence
& Security Committee at the British House of Commons.
They're shown together at the above caption picture of
mine that I took of them just last night at PressTV.
ooo
Moments earlier they had just finished talking before the
invited studio audience, that also happened to include me,
and in front of the four TV studio cameras at one of Press
TV’s weekly forums. This week’s forum question was
“Europe in Afghanistan: Time for a change?”
ooo
Live Inside Iran's PressTV Studios.

ooo
As I observed and started to think inside the PressTV
studios, I began to wonder about what seemed to me
to be Iran's strange foothold in UK via its own "first
Iranian international news network broadcasting in
English on an around-the-clock basis" and around the
world from the British capital at London's Media House.

There seemed to me to also be alot of other strange
things and questions about Iran's PressTV in UK.

All this was set against the backdrop at the eve of
U.S. and Iran to face off at six-power nuclear talks.
No mention was made, of course, of that at last night's
PressTV forum, which was dominated by a largely
Middle Eastern audience from every part of the
Middle East - Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, Iran,

Israel, etc - and all UK residents I believe.
ooo
Inside Europe's Iran International TV HQ.

ooo
I was selected to ask the forum panel a question,
about the War in Afghanistan, but they never got
around to me to ask me to speak my question which
wasn't my own but of the studio's own making. It
was
given to me by PressTV staffer Nicki Chandis.
ooo
Hosted by Andrew Gilligan, the four panelists were:
Minister Giovanni Brauzzi, Interim Charges' D'Affaires
of London's Italian Embassy; Andrew Burgin, Spokes-
person, Stop the War Coalition, who wouldn't pipe down

even after host Gilligan tried to have him do so; along
with Guy Smallman, the noted photojournalist; and the
earlier mentioned Tory MP Richard Ottaway, who
was anxious for me to take photos of him with his ex-
BBC friend Andrew Gilligan together. I was more
than happy to oblige Richard, who plans to put one
of my photos of Gilligan and him on his own website:
http://www.richardottaway.com/.
ooo
Richard Ottaway also told me that Britain's strategy in
Afghanistan wouldn't be changed, if David Cameron
and his Tories got elected at the next British General
Election in which New Labour is expected to get
rightly clobbered for good and finally finished off ...
ooo

Last Night's Invited Audience At PressTV Forum. ooo
Iran's PressTV also employs the disgraced ex-Tory MP
Derek Conway, who is now listed as an Independent
MP; and Respect MP George Galloway, who declared
that the recent re-election of Iran's President Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad wasn't and couldn't have been "rigged."
What would you expect him to say, when he's in the
full pay of PressTV? These strange characters are all
part of Iran's strange foothold in UK. That's what it
seems to me and to which I believe. Along with
Conway and Galloway, PressTV also employs
British journalist Lauren Booth, who made bizarre
headlines after she wrote about herself being raped;
and Yvonne Ridley, the English woman who tells of
her Taliban captivity and her then conversion to
Islam. Again, all of this is so strange to me that is
now coming out of PressTV to which is an integral
part of Iran's strange foothold in UK. I cannot figure
it all out, frankly, right now. Perhaps someone out
there who is in the know can help clarify all of
this to and for me? And, I hope so soon ...
ooo
My Graphic Image (L-R) of Richard
Ottaway, MP & TV Host Andrew Gilligan. ooo
Strangely, Uncle Monty.
+Remigius, Apostle to the Franks, 2oo9.
ooo

Another Iran Mystery Hits Washington, DC.http://blogs.reuters.com/frontrow/2009/09/30/another-iran-mystery-foreign-minister-visits-dc/
ooo

Coming Soon: Masonic Temple Day. By Uncle Monty.

ooo
Rarely A Dull Moment At London's Long Acre.

ooo .

{Click On Any Above Image To Enlarge}
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you U.Monty that millions of Rial and Toman (Toe'man) are being spent by Iran to nurture its PRESSTV in London. But do be very careful for they may try to hunt you down if you keep probing and asking tough questions about their pet PRESSTV.
I have reason to believe it is a propaganda machine to promote Iran interests in Europe. People like Mr. Ottaway should NOT be bought by PRESSTV to speak on it forums. While they pay him good money to be seen as a British Conservative Party member on an important parliamentary committee like the ISC. Andrew Gilligan is a broadcast
prostitute for joining the Iranian PRESSTV news network. Another GREAT STORY is your latest one,
U.Monty. But do be very careful, I repeat. Iran has agents here and
there. So watch out!!!

Mohammed Aga said...

Don't you understand that many foreign news media are based in London? So what's the problem with the Iranians having their's in the UK? The tone of your story is accusatory and very biassed. What's your point? Men like Gilligan and Ottaway are free to go to the Iranian media whenever they like. I see nothing wrong with them doing that. I have yet to read one of your slick stories that doesn't point a rude finger at somebody or something you decide to villify as you please. You are the one who should be villified don't you think?

Anonymous said...

To Mohammed Aga I say I think Uncle Monty is right to raise some serious questions about Iran's Press TV in the UK. True, many foreign news bureaus are based in London. But how many of them spend millions of $'s or £'s like it seems Iran is doing in London to get a foothold in the UK? I might almost say that they're trying to buy political influence with offering forums for British politicans and the like to speak on Press TV. Iran accuses Westerns there of fraternizing with Iranian opposition figures to overthrown or undermine the present lawless Islamic government. Yet, Iran is courting thru its own Press TV the Westerns who hold political power or influence in Britain. Worse still, Press TV has broadcast some nasty anti-British news stories to fit its pro-Shiah position and aim against the West. Iran is anti-British not a true friend of the UK. Press TV is a lie. Uncle Monty's blog story is the first I have seen to seriously ask what is behind Press TV and its "strange foothold in the UK"? I am an English woman married to an Iranian who was beaten badly by Ahmadinejad thugs only last month. He was lucky to flee with his life I can tell you Mohammed Aga. Press TV doesn't expose the horror of my husband's savage treatment or of thousands like him in Iran today.
That's no "slick story" either coming from Uncle Monty.