1/15/2012

Rabbinical.

.
.
Rabbinical Jerusalem.
By Uncle Monty At Jericho.
Wailing Wall Photos By Alex Albion.
Part 1 of 2.
***
Standing just feet away from The Wailing Wall - or more formally
called The Western Wall - at the Old City of Jerusalem was a
profound and poignant experience for me as an English Anglican
 at Judaism's most Holy Religious site. I shall always remember
standing at The Wailing Wall.
***
Jerusalem is after all about as rabbinical as one can get at The
 Eternal City that also includes a deep and shared history and
 religious identity with the world's millions of Muslims and
Christians. Being in Jerusalem only helped me to strengthen
 my own Christianity while recognising Israel as the
ancestral home of the World Jewry.
***
A Panoramic View of Jerusalem's Wailing Wall.
***
Young & Old Jews Praying At The Wailing Wall.
***
The Inner Sanctum of The Wailing Synagogue.
***
The Sacred Torah At Jerusalem.
***
At Prayer Inside the Wailing Synagogue.
***
After Pentateuch & Saturday Sundown At Jerusalem.
***
Goldren Menorah At Wailing Wall.
***
Not only did I stand at The Wailing Wall in utter amazement
and respect, I was also privy to entering the secret Wailing
Synagogue at the far side of the Wailing Wall that few, if any
non-Jews, have witnessed first hand like me and who also
covertly photographed the rare interior scenes (with some
 of my photoshotz shown above) inside the secret archway
 as I wore a pure white skullcap, or more correctly a
yarmulk, as if I was in fact a devout Jew. Under
 Jewish law, a male must cover his head during
prayer and/or when entering the synagogue
***
Off To The Synagogue They Go!
***
What I saw was a Rabbinical Jerusalem that few outside
of Jerusalem or Israel have actually seen like I did. The
Torah, the prayers, the devotion, the spirituality, the
absolute Jewishness, and the abiding tradition of the
religious and Orthodox Jews was extraordinary and
completely fascinating to me. I sat inside the Wailing
Synagogue for a number of hours as I sat respect-
fully and silently watching and recording what I saw
 for the first time in my Christian life. Nobody asked
 me a thing and nobody said I shouldn't be there,
 although I'd half-expected one of the Rabbis or
Orthodox members to ask me who I was and
what I was doing there for they surely would have
known I was not a Jew let alone an Orthodox one.
With the occasional glance at me, they said nothing
and I said nothing so we got along just fine!! I felt
 privileged to sit inside the inner sanctum, if you
will, of deeply religious Judaism like I did. The
religious ignorant would be frightened or fretful
of such, while the religiously aware would delight
at witnessing at what I saw. Yes, indeed, I did!
***
Rabbi Moshe Zoller.
***
At The Wailing Wall and The Wailing Synagogue
no women were permitted and hence I saw not one!
Beyond that, Rabbinical Jerusalem is the affirmation
of the Jews in which their own unique identity and
special ancestry comes alive for them like no other
place on earth. Israel is where they belong and no-
body is going to take that away from them without
the last drop of Jewish blood being spilled for the
whole world to see.  But even at The Wailing Wall
armed undercover police agents stood guard for
fear of some outsider coming in to attack by force
those who pray at The Wall.  But no matter what,
Rabbinical Jerusalem will no doubt survive against
all odds and all foes.
***
Happily your's, Uncle Monty At Jericho.
+Vigil of St. Anthony, 2012.
.
.
Feedback & Comment
.
.
Patriarchal Jerusalem.
Coming Next in Part 2
By Uncle Monty.
.
"Demolition Homeless"
Inside Palestine.
By Uncle Monty.
.
.
Jerusalem The Golden.
.
Dear Friend Welcome To Israel.
"Israel - The Land of the Bible, at the crossroads of
three continents - Asia, Africa & Europe - and
a blending of east and west. Holy to three religions,
Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Israel encompasses
sites of religious and historical significance with a
modern and vibrant country. The beauty of visiting
 Israel lies in its amazing diversity, cultures, sights and
 landscapes." The Notice At My Jericho Guest House.
.
Hand-Painted Wall At Jericho 10,000 Inside Palestine.
.
.
{ Click on any image to Enlarge }
.

No comments: