12/18/2011

Best Images

.
.
My Best 11 Images of 2011.
By Alex Albion.
+
To bring this year to a close, I have chosen 11 photos
of what I consider to be among some of my best images
 of 2011. This is a novelty for me that I have not previously
tried at previous year's end in presenting some of my
photoshots from around the world.
+
This year alone I have taken perhaps over 5,000 photo-
graphs of various people, places, and events. Picking
 one's own best images is, of course, a very subjective
and rather prejudicial exercise in favour of one's self.
 Of the 11 images picked, most of them have not been
published online by me before. On top of that, the
 images I have picked could be viewed as a rather one-
sided selection without a judge or jury to determine
what is the best of what I have photographically
produced in this year of 2011.
+
So, I must leave whatever judgement or criticism or praise
 of my photoimages upto my own blog readership whether
I like it or not. In any event, if the response or reaction to
 my best 11 images of 2011 proves of broader interest,
 then I may just decide to do an annual feature of my
 best images for next year's end of 2012 and so on
 thru 2013, 2014, 2015, etc., etc.
+
But let me not jump the gun, but rather go ahead with
presenting my best 11 images of 2011 for you right now
with a brief and apt description of each of the images
 thus presented herein:
.
1. Above: Air France's Fixed Airplane
At It's International Paris Airport.
.
2. Below: The Lord Mayor & Lady Mayoress
of the London Borough of Wandsworth.
+
3. Serbia Capital of Belgrade at 2011 Springtide.
+
4. Three Ethiopian Immigrant Muslims At Public Park
 Near The European Union HQ at Brussels, Belgium.
+
5. Swanky Race Car At Mayfair's Autoshop Window.
+
6. Lovely Butterfly Seen At
Switzerland's Capital of Geneva.
+
7. English Morris Dancers At Aylesbury Market Town.
+
8. Royal Household Guard At Horse Guards Parade.
+
9. Ken Roberts At Xmas Open Mic at CRISIS.
He Was Mimicing From The Phantom of the Opera.
+
10. Rare & Fine British Grey Heron At Beulah Hill Pond.
+
11. Anglican Enthronement Ceremony of The Rt. Rev'd
 Christopher Chessun Inside Southwark Cathedral,
+
The No. 1 image is viewed by me as the best of my
2011 photography. Of the other images from 2 to 11,
they are simply presented without regard to them be-
ing recorded as 2nd or 3rd or 4th place, etc. You'll
note, too, that just over half of the images are those of
people followed by places and things. Photograph-
ing people is one of my favourite endeavours. There
are, after all, more people in the world than most
 other places and things.
+
Yet, as an independent photographer I also
 like to photograph unsual places and things that I
see with my eyes and cameras. It's always a tossup
 for me between spending more time on taking photo-
shots of people over places and things. Yet, quite often
 I find such places and things to be more fascinating than
human beings, especially in trying to record say animals,
wildlife, dramatic situations, birds, and open nature
all around me.
+
I do hope you like all or some of the above images and
I would be happy to have your comments or feedback
from you no matter what you may think.
Okay, everybody.
+
~ To Enlarge any of the 11 images, just
 click on the ones you wish to enlarge. ~
.
.
Feedback & Comments
.
.
.
The Big Issue 2011 Bumper Edition
Trudie Styler's "Bumpy Edition."
By Uncle Monty.
.
.

1 comment:

megan church said...

Dear monty, Wishing you a happy Christmas, and a very good 2012. I hope all is well, not having seen you at St Pat's since the big opening. I would love it, if you could e mail me some of your photo 's as a memory! Sending you much love from TIM and Maria and the children x dec 19, 2011. from megan church.