9/11/2011

Postcard.

.
.
Postcard From Paris. By Uncle Monty.
Photography By Gary Day & Alex Albion.
Part 2 of 2.
***
~ Story Update ~
Muslims caught praying on the streets of Paris
face arrest in tough new law. By Peter Allen.
Sept. 18, 2011.
***
Being chauffeured around Paris with Contessa Maria,
and also staying at one of the world's small luxury hotels,
oddly did little for me. I much perfer to be out and about
on the streets and mingling with humanity as I explore
whatever world city or geographic location I may
 happen to be in. The more I explore Paris, the
more majestic it really is to me.
***
With its population of 2.2 million, Paris is a relatively
small city compared to say London's 7.2 million inhabitants. 
Yet, Paris excites me far more than London as Maria and I
bid our latest goodbyes at her departure back to America
 at the Parisian airport. I then quickly hopped on the nearest
 RAPT bus No. 350 back to downtown Paris, where I
enjoyed learning more about French culture and French
 cruisine and French parculiarities.
***
Aside from that, let me share my "Postcard From Paris"
with you without any further ado with about a dozen images
below of everyday life inside and around the French
 capital. Let me start with Gary Day's photoshot of  Dior's,
which is about as French as you can get, I guess!
***
Dior's.
***
An Afternoon Horse & Saddle Ride.
***
On The Street Corner of Place du L'Opera.
***
French Wedding Bliss!
***
"Bike It," He Said ...
***
Almost Hidden From View In Suburban Paris.
***
Almost Red All Over.
***
Paris In The Autumn Evening.
***
French Version of Ramadan.
***
He Can Blow His Trumpet As Loud As He
Likes And For As Long As He Likes Without
Disturbing and Vexing His Paris Neighbours.
***
Standing At Attention At French Presidential Palace.
***
African Immigrant With Her Offsping At Downtown Paris.
***
At St. Laurent's.
***
Muslima Pensioner At Paris Bus Stop.
***
Found: Historic Postcard of Paris, c. 1913.
***
Also in Paris, Found This Rare Postcard Image
of England's George V at The French Front,
1914, During World War One.
***
Due to other busy engagements, I have had to cut short
this story of my "Postcard From Paris." Hope, however,
the images help convey my latest happy
encounter with Paris.
***
Graciously, Uncle Monty.
+12th Sunday After Trinity, 2011.
+Most Holy Name of Mary.
=10th Anniversary of America's 9/11.
***
Feedback & Comments
.
.
John Bird's 20 Rotten Years
of The Big Issue. By Uncle Monty.
.
.
.

{ Click on any image to Enlarge }
.

No comments: