11/14/2010

Poppy. By Uncle Monty.




Poppy Day ~ By Uncle Monty.
Photos By Alex Albion.
***
Some idiots have called wearing The Poppy in
remembrance of our British war dead as both
“racist” and “poppy fascism.” That’s why I
suspect I see so few, if any, of the millions of
black immigrants, foreigners, Muslims, Asians,
and Afro-Caribbean men and women in the UK
not supporting or wearing a red poopy to honour
our war dead. Many of these people come and
scrounge all they can from us for free, but de-
liberately refuse to honour those who have
fought for the freedoms we so cherish
thanks to those brave ladz and galz who
have laid down their lives for the British
Nation over many centuries.
***
Some of the officers and gentlemen at Poppy Day.
***
My view is The Poppy represents the best
that is Britain! And certainly, not the worst!
When I see menacing Muslims, who vile New
Labour let in, spitting on the good name of
our British armed service ladz and galz, I
feel such Muslim scumbagz should be de-
ported without any further ado. And also,
stop their free benefits immediately. If
such Muslims hate us so, why do they
want to stay in the UK? They want to stay
to cause trouble and get all of those freebies
they don't deserve and shouldn't be given
to them any way - period. Ship them to
America, I say, too. There they'll soon be
put in their place by the Yankees, who like
me, don't care much for menacing Muslims.
***
Some of our good ladz and galz at Poppy Day.
***
At Poppy Day, I was delighted to encounter
so many patriotic folkz and fellow compatriots
despite the grim downpours of heavy rain and
sunless sky on what was otherwise officially
called Armistice Day, 2010. Or 11.11.11.
***
One Member of The Blake, The
Classical Vocal Quartet.
***
For me the real pleasure was encounter-
ing for the first time British General Bill
Moore, CBE, (shown above in the lead photo)
who amicably chatted with me in response to
my questions about the hideous Afghanistan
War and the horror of the Bush/Blair Iraq
War of which we should have had no part.
Warmongers always become war criminals,
sooner or later, like George Bush and Tony
Blair. My questions to General Moore were
almost the same kind that I'd asked two
years ago of British General Sir Richard
Dannatt, then Chief of the British
General Staff.
***
Only The Best!
***
General Moore's answers led me to tell
him of my encounter with Field-Marshal
Vicount Montgomery at States House with
Capt. Sir Basil Liddell-Hart and his second
American wife Lady Kathleen in 1968.
Such came about due to my old friend Adrian
Liddell-Hart, Sir Basil's only son thru his first
marriage. It was Adrian who invited me to
meet my name sake for dinner. I shall always
remember that day, especially now that all
of them are sadly dead except for me!!
***
General Moore works closely with the American
military. So don't confuse him with the U.S. General
of the same name - William Moore. Bill Moore, the
British General, Director, Battlespace Manoeuvre/
Master General of the Ordnance for the UK MoD, will
speak at London's International Armoured Vehicles
***
General Moore is the fourth British General that
I have met in as many years. Top brass! So
enjoyed Bill Moore, I did. He helped make
Poppy Day so special for us all ... Bravo!
*
THE NEW head of Britain''s armed forces,
General Sir David Richards, has warned that the
West cannot defeat al-Qaeda and militant Islam.
*.*
Poppy Petals At The Traflagar Fountains.
***
If we fail to remember and honour our war
dead, even if you are someone like me who
opposes all war, then we become an empty
vessel - morally, spiritually, patriotically,
and nationalistically.
***
British War Veteran Still Doing His Part at Poppy Day.
***
What a lady to meet on Poppy Day? She's
Eliza (seen below) and called "Lieley" by her
friends. Born in 1914 ... Now at the grand
age of 96!! Bravo! She told me she remem-
bered only "bits about the 1918 First World
War" at then going on for 5 years of age or
more than 90 years ago. Wooooooow! With
her "patriotic" wheelie bag going shopping at
Morrison's, do notice how she uses no walking
stick or walking aid or a mobile shopper to get
about. Eliza represents the best that is British!!
Asked what she thought of today's England, she
said: "I shudders to think every day" at what
the Labour scoundels have done to Britian.
***
Remembering Our War Heroes,
Truly Uncle Monty.
+Remembrance Sunday, 2010.
It's also the 64th Birthday of Prince Charles,
who is still waiting to be our next King of
England! Poooor thing!
.
And, All On Armistice Day. By Uncle Monty.
So I went from the morning Poppy Day event to
the mid-day St. Martin's service for those who
have this year died homeless to the worthy St.
Lazarus evening concert at Cadogan Hall and
all on Armistice Day, 2010. Each of the three
events I attended held meaningful symbols of
what is the best of humanity and human dignity.
I was so glad I could be there at each of those
memorable events. And, least I forget to also
mention my mid-afternoon invitation to High
Tea at the newly-refurbished and recently re-
opened Savoy Hotel on The Strand with my
old visiting American friends Calhoun & Sizzy
Temple from Springfield, Illinois. They kindly
gave me my first Christmas gifts of the year!
At the end of the day, I had been on my feet
for almost 16 hours non-stop, yet I complain-
ed not!! Thus, Armistice or Remembrance
Day, 2010, I now relish will gladness and joy.
While this new week I have five more
events to attend and also possibly to write
about. Not that I need any more stories to
write since I already have so many in the
pipeline to last until the end of the year
at when I shall take a needed break from
megablogging ... until late January, 2011.
.
.
:: Feedback & Comments ::
thebiggerissue@k.st
.
They Died Homeless ~ By Uncle Monty.
...
.
{ Click on any image to Enlarge }
.

No comments: